Dengue

ginooooo

I caught dengue about 6 weeks ago now, still recovering, i woke up in the night freezing cold no matter how many blankets i put on the bed i was stilll freezing, then it changed to feeling over hot, i was shaking and feeling very weak, my body was sore to touch, breathing was difficult and my head felt like it was being pounded with a sledge hammer from the inside, after going to the local hospital and having x-rays of my chest they said it was dengue but there was no medication you just gotta let it peter out itself, they said it could last up to 6 months, i'm feeeling better but not a 100%, sometimes i feel very light headed and go dizzy and have no balance.

i tried a beer or 2 a couple of weeks ago but threw it up so if you ever catch this stay of the alcohol eat a little but often and take in plenty of fluids other than alcohol, i'm hoping i'm over the worst but they say it can always come back, God i hope not, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, good luck chok dee :jap: .

I caught dengue about 6 weeks ago now, still recovering, i woke up in the night freezing cold no matter how many blankets i put on the bed i was stilll freezing, then it changed to feeling over hot, i was shaking and feeling very weak, my body was sore to touch, breathing was difficult and my head felt like it was being pounded with a sledge hammer from the inside, after going to the local hospital and having x-rays of my chest they said it was dengue but there was no medication you just gotta let it peter out itself, they said it could last up to 6 months, i'm feeeling better but not a 100%, sometimes i feel very light headed and go dizzy and have no balance.

i tried a beer or 2 a couple of weeks ago but threw it up so if you ever catch this stay of the alcohol eat a little but often and take in plenty of fluids other than alcohol, i'm hoping i'm over the worst but they say it can always come back, God i hope not, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, good luck chok dee :jap: .

Wow, I did not know it was that bad reading it online. Nasty stuff. We have a stream along our road that the Phayao Lake flows into and I am sure they spray because they kinda made a park there, vendors selling food/clothes and a floating dock which they have entertainment on. I read it is contagious.

Good luck and I hope you feel 100% well again soon.

I had the mildest version two years ago, also in September and the recovery does take a long time. Best wishes to you getting over it, and I know what you mean about the dizziness. Staying away from alcohol is good advice.

Dengue fever usually goes through neighborhoods and school environments rapidly as one mosquito biting a host can infect other people for up to two weeks, and that mosquito can pass it along to its eggs for 2-4 generations of emerging mosquitoes. So.... A single Dengue case can have 8 weeks of Dengue-carrying mosquitoes around if they don't bite any other Dengue hosts. But..... They usually just carry on as they bite hosts. The Moo Bann that I was living in had about ten homes with Dengue, all within a stone's throw of each other.

If you get Dengue, be aware that after about 6-7 days of having it (the first stage), you usually feel better just before the next stage which is the shock stage (second stage). This is the stage is where you have a rash and you might start bleeding if you have a more severe version. Some people require hospital admission and units of blood. The last (third) stage of Dengue is recovery which does indeed take months. Doc recommended no exercise for me during recovery beyond a mild walk for at least a month to let the platelet count build back up. It is one tough virus so get doctors advice quickly if you suspect it.

Ginooooo thanks for your kind wishes.

T-Dog you have explained the symtoms exactly apart from the rash, i havn't experienced that (i hope it's not lurking), did you lose any weight at all, i have lost nearly 10 Kgs, i am still having dizzy spells and find it hard to focus, i am also still sweating profusely even in cool conditions, also feeling very weak and lethargic.

JudgeJohn not heard of a vaccine for dengue, i'm sure they would have told me at the hospital ???.

Edit because just read T-Dogs reply to the vaccine

tnx T-D

Edited by woralak

Ginooooo thanks for your kind wishes.

T-Dog you have explained the symtoms exactly apart from the rash, i havn't experienced that (i hope it's not lurking), did you lose any weight at all, i have lost nearly 10 Kgs, i am still having dizzy spells and find it hard to focus, i am also still sweating profusely even in cool conditions, also feeling very weak and lethargic.

JudgeJohn not heard of a vaccine for dengue, i'm sure they would have told me at the hospital ???.

Edit because just read T-Dogs reply to the vaccine

tnx T-D

Woralak... That is a lot of weight loss. If you have not been to a doctor yet, go immediately. I lost weight but not that much, and I only had the first two stages for about two weeks. IF you have Dengue, you might have what is called Post-dengue depression. But..... See a doctor to get good advice as that weight loss and 6 weeks of symptoms should not be treated lightly. And get better!

Had degue fever a few weeks ago myself.

Feeling cold - feeling hot - sledgehammer, I have felt it bad too.

After that the rash came, just after I was feeling a little better indeed.

At this moment I am okay, but I am tired before I know it.

Not much you can do about it, just hang on and listen to your body telling you what to do.

Don't try to be brave...go to bed when you need it.

Also be careful with taking a shower, make sure there is someone in the vicinity to keep an eye on you; and make sure the water temperature is not too cold.

Take care!!!!!!!!!