Please Help Me Find A Family Friendly Resort

MeMock

I am hoping some people here may be able to help me make chose a resort for an upcoming holiday.

My family consists of my wife (Thai) and our three kids aged 5, 4 and 4 months. We have lived in Thailand off and on for the last 4 years but have recently moved back to Australia. We will be back in Thailand around Christmas time and will be spending most of our time in Ubon as well as out in the village.

For one week of our stay I want to splash out and head to a resort. We are very flexible in regards to what we want but there are a few important things. We are chasing some luxury. We would need a two bedroom unit at a minimum. As we are not all that interested in anything outside the resort walls the place would need to have a lot of facilities such as swimming pools, kids rooms, play grounds etc. Of course we would leave the resort from time to time so a nice location would be a bonus. We would prefer being right on the beach but would be quite happy in the mountains around Chiang Mai or even Downtown Bangkok. To be honest it doesn't even have to be in Thailand but would consider Denpasar and Singapore as well as we can fly via these places either on the way to or from Thailand.

A bonus would be one of those club med type places where they have activities for the kids that are supervised by resort staff.

My wife and I love good quality food and the occasional drop of red or a cold beer but are not into bars/clubs etc. Budget wise, there isn't really one but I am not into spending crazy money either so I dunno, around the 5,000 - 7,500 baht per night mark?

I realise this information does not narrow things down all that much but like I said, we are very flexible and hearing personal experiences from people of their favourite places is what I am chasing.

Cheers.

I just realised that I may have narrowed down my choices too much by using the word resort. I would be more then happy with a flash hotel as long as it had good facilities and was an apartment style with at least two bedrooms.

If you're looking for a resort that's great for the kids, the West Sands in Phuket would be ideal. It's a 4 star property located right on the beach, and has it's own water park.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/phuket/west_sands.html

I believe it's now owned by Centara now

http://www.thaitravelnews.net/phuket/centara-adds-grand-west-sands-resort-villas-phuket-portfolio/

Hope it helps,

J

If you're looking for a resort that's great for the kids, the West Sands in Phuket would be ideal. It's a 4 star property located right on the beach, and has it's own water park.

http://www.agoda.com...west_sands.html

I believe it's now owned by Centara now

http://www.thaitrave...uket-portfolio/

Hope it helps,

J

Phuket would be the last place I'd take your family!

http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/

Only 38km from Hua Hin, directly on the beach of Dolphin Bay, the resort is surrounded by Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park and some of Thailand's most magnificent natural scenery.

Far from crowded beaches, bright neon lights, and noisy tourist hangouts typical of Thailand's other vacation destinations, Dolphin Bay Resort lies on a spectacular,unspoiled 5km beach with panoramic views of the bay, nestled between mountain peaks and dotted with lush tropical islands.

Enjoy our comfortable accommodations, friendly, laid-back but efficient service and great recreational facilities at affordable prices in a family-friendly atmosphere of relaxed Thai beach hotel hospitality.

Edited by cockneyrebel

Malaysian Islands or bite the bullet and really give the kids a treat and go to HK Disney or even better but further away, Orlando. You can't get more kid friendly with so (too) many attractions for kids than that.

Have a fab time.

http://www.dolphinbayresort.com/

Only 38km from Hua Hin, directly on the beach of Dolphin Bay, the resort is surrounded by Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park and some of Thailand's most magnificent natural scenery.

Far from crowded beaches, bright neon lights, and noisy tourist hangouts typical of Thailand's other vacation destinations, Dolphin Bay Resort lies on a spectacular,unspoiled 5km beach with panoramic views of the bay, nestled between mountain peaks and dotted with lush tropical islands.

Enjoy our comfortable accommodations, friendly, laid-back but efficient service and great recreational facilities at affordable prices in a family-friendly atmosphere of relaxed Thai beach hotel hospitality.

My friend has an interest in the Evergreen Laurent Hotel in Penang. swimming pool for the kids, beach right in front of hotel.

Beautiful location, great food 4 restaraunts, plenty of things to do in penang.

Google them and have a look at their website.. The other one would be Rayong Resort, Ban Phe ,Rayong Province opposite Koh Samet Island.

You could do some day trips to the island

Cheers mark (Bedrock Guesthouse Bar Grill) Ban Phe, Thailand

Langkawi Malaysia. Beautiful island. Quite a few decent places with kid activities. Pelangi Beach Resort or others are worth taking a look at. Some superb restauants around, duty free island so the beer & vino can be very reasonable. There are a couple of threads on here about it so worth a search here or on trip advsor. Easily reached via flight to Haad Yai and taxi & hydrofoil , otherwise fly via KL or Penang. Certainly you would be hard put to find a more family oriented place.

Hau Hin is a family friendly resort, with a good selection of resorts and hotels on the beach.

Takieb a bit futher on from Hau hin is also good.

Check out the Bluewave hotel it has a toddler pool and is situated on the beach.

I have a similar family and we found this good and friendly last Easter.

Malaysia would be a last resort if I could not find anything in Thailand/Bali or Singapore.

Kids are too young for Disney Land.

Dolphin Bay resort looks promising and I will look into that some more, thanks cockney rebel.

Thanks everyone for your help. If there are any more suggestions then please post them!