Car Paintwork Colour Restorer - Black

Steve2UK

Hi all - long time no see.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of "T-Cut" colour restorer (black)? I've seen the basic T-Cut (or an imitation) but it's basically just another liquid rubbing compound. Having tried that, I'm still left with masses of fine white scratches on the hood/bonnet that even a good waxing can't cover (looks like the previous owner used a kitchen scouring pad at some point). Therefore I need something with black dye/stain in it to cover them - e.g. T-Cut (black) or equivalent.

If I can find the right stuff, I'm happy to put in the hard work myself. Failing that, can anyone recommend a place that will do the job properly?

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Edited by Steve2UK

Some reading about T-cut here:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110307105212AAQV4kT

quote:"Only use T-cut if you know what you are doing as it removes a layer of paint so applying to a small area will make things 10x worse and dull the surrounding area as you would have removed the lacquer.

T-cut is terrible stuff that has ruined many a car in the wrong hands."

I've had some swirling scratches after some "painter",who was suppose to restore the paint,didn't do it correct...had to take the car to another one,who fixed it for 900Bt.It's a very dark blue color,so it shows all the imperfection quite good,but also it's an older car,so can't complain to much...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110307105212AAQV4kT

quote:"Only use T-cut if you know what you are doing as it removes a layer of paint so applying to a small area will make things 10x worse and dull the surrounding area as you would have removed the lacquer.

I've had some swirling scratches after some "painter",who was suppose to restore the paint,didn't do it correct...had to take the car to another one,who fixed it for 900Bt.It's a very dark blue color,so it shows all the imperfection quite good,but also it's an older car,so can't complain to much...

Good point about what T-Cut does/can do that's not welcome. Hence my looking for the version that includes the black stain/dye - so the action is more like shoe polish. Any thoughts on who to go to "fix it"?

http://uk.answers.ya...07105212AAQV4kT

Good point about what T-Cut does/can do that's not welcome. Hence my looking for the version that includes the black stain/dye - so the action is more like shoe polish. Any thoughts on who to go to "fix it"?

If you want to use "my guy",the shop is located about 3km past Mae Rim town on #107(between 21st and 22nd km marker).May be not on your way...well,any paint shop can give you an idea about the cost.