True Visions Tv And Nfl

dekestone

I had to upgrade from Gold to Platinum for ASN programming to get the entire NFL game schedule. Or downgrade to Silver to get the ASN network. Just a few games are being programed on True Sports 3.

Yeah, looks like I'll have to do that. My cable package comes with the apartment but I'll check with the manager and maybe I can get a separate deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to upgrade from Gold to Platinum for ASN programming to get the entire NFL game schedule. Or downgrade to Silver to get the ASN network. Just a few games are being programed on True Sports 3.

Yeah, looks like I'll have to do that. My cable package comes with the apartment but I'll check with the manager and maybe I can get a separate deal.

ASN will be moving to Grammy soon

• 2 weeks later...

Email sent to True Visions and their response:

True Visions,

What is going on?

No NFL games???????

THIS THE THE ONLY REASON I HAVE CONTINUED WITH TRUE VISIONS. THE ONLY REASON, AND NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME I CAN REMEMBER IN THAILAND, THERE IS NO NFL ON IBC/UBC/TRUE.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

GET THE NFL GAMES BACK ON!!!! THIS WEEKEND!

OTHERWISE I WILL CANCEL ANYTHING ANDEVERYTHING TO DO WITH TRUE.

Dear Mr. Wilem:

TrueVisions Cable Public Company Limited would like to inform that the company will terminate the broadcasting

of ASN (All Sports Network) on 30 September 2011. TrueVisions would like to apologize for this inconvenience

and would like to offer other World's leading sports channels such as the following:

No. Channel

True Sport 1

True Sport 2

True Sport 3

True Sport 4

True Sport 6

ESPN

Star Sports

Golf Channel Thailand

TrueVisions hope to continuously improve our service in order to bring you the best viewing experience. We are happy to announce the launch of TRACE Sports, a new sport channel. TRACE will replace ASN, All Sports Network, on TrueVisions channel 110 from 1 October 2011. Our apologies for any inconvenience incurred.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or[email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

<br style="line-height: 24px; ">oh boy......

Hello True TV

Terrible response.....

I ALREADY KNOW YOU'VE TERMINATED ASN!

You did not say a single word about NFL games.

I don't care about anything else, do not care about Trace, all those other soccer channels, etc.

Will you have NFL games on TS3 or TS 4????

The point isn't that one sport is better than another. Everyone has their own specific interests. It's just that a lot of people have television ONLY for certain sports. I live in Canada for 7 months of the year and I only have television for the sports available. If I couldn't get the NFL and the Canadian football games I would not even subscribe to a televison station. I miss it when I go to Thailand, but there are other compensations. I don't have any idea how many Americans and Canadians in Thailand want to watch the NFL but I would guess a lot. It would be no different than if Thai television cancelled all of the soccer games and substituted it with non-stop Tiddlywinks, lawn bowling and darts. The howls of outrage from Brits and Aussies would be deafening.

Just called TrueVisions to ask what happened to ASN Network (Channel 110) and NFL Football. Was told that TrueVisions has lost its 2-year contract with ASN and will therefore no longer be broadcasting NFL Football.

I am in a state of shock and disbelief!!!

Can anyone tell me if there are other tv options for me in Chiang Mai?

Doesn't have to have anything to do with them getting oubid for ASN.

NFL games were broadcast on IBC/UBC and True, successor to both, for many years in Thailand, separate from and independent of ASN, which True picked up for only recently, the last season-and-a-half or thereabouts.

At least there has always been the two Sunday afternoon time-slots games, rights held by True (Mon. 12:00/1:00 AM and 3:15/4:15 AM broadcasts, with Monday evening replays) even before ASN, which was acceptable prior to them adding the ASN programming. (Remember, the silent camera shots around the stadium during the timeouts? Preferable to the crappy ASN promos during the breaks.)

They also had the Sunday and Monday night games, aired via ESPN until ESPN lost the rights to those games in Asia about three seasons ago. Subsequently picked up BY ASN.

For True Visions to totally dump NFL broadcasts, a couple weeks into the season no less, is a slap in the face to customers who rightfully expect some NFL games at a minimum to be aired, as they have been for many years. Look, True Visions even picked up NBA games for the first time toward the end of the last regular season. So it is well within their ability to go get some NFL games and air them on their own since they have dropped ASN.

They got outbid. Get over it.

What's the name of the family that owns True? I'll bet they're Thai-Chinese.

NFL used to be shown on 2 Supersport channels a while back. UBC then stopped showing those channels, obviously to save money. And now ASN is gone. Typical cheapskate move.

Noticed how True doesn't show many premium channels on the Platinum package. Fox News, ScyFi, Crime, Universal etc?

Is this the toolbar we can expect from True in the future?

TRUE.jpg

Edited by RusticCharm

What does thai-chinese have to do with it? Or are you suggesting just 'thais' have a thing for nfl and would never have stopped showing it. Lol

No, you missed the point entirely. It referred to their business practices and domination over large corporations and businesses in Thailand. Hence the increase in the number of Chinese-related channels on True. Best to remove head from sand before posting next time. Edited by RusticCharm