You No Your'E Living In Thailand Wehn

Moonrakers

There has to be SOMETHING for the neanderthals amongst us to play.

I just watched a good documentary on rugby in South Africa... called "The Sixteenth Man"... It's worth seeing.

It's about Nelson Mandela and his influence on South Africa's hostile population when he backed and supported the South African Springboks in their world cup victories that united a nation that had been split apart by racism.

I just watched a good documentary on rugby in South Africa... called "The Sixteenth Man"... It's worth seeing.

It's about Nelson Mandela and his influence on South Africa's hostile population when he backed and supported the South African Springboks in their world cup victories that united a nation that had been split apart by racism.

A movie has been made about that, true story.

Forget the name of the movie now. Morgan Freeman played Mandela.

Morgan Freeman also directed and narrated the documentary. It is an incredible story and shows how right and how wrong some people can be... and how they can change for the better.

I thought they were playing rugby. Now you tell me they were playing Mandela?

What's rugby?

Rugby is a town in North Dakota, USA, that is the geographical center of North America.

I thought everybody (k)new that!

Actually the original Rugby is a market town in Warwickshire, England, located on the River Avon - dates from around 1000 years ago - and famed for the invention of the sport of topic here, Rugby Football!

This from wiki:

Rugby is most famous for the invention of rugby football, which is played throughout the world. The invention of the game is credited to William Webb Ellis whilst breaking the existing rules of a football match played in 1823 at Rugby School, which is near the centre of Rugby.

Rugby School is one of England's oldest and most prestigious public schools, and was the setting of Thomas Hughes's semi-autobiographical masterpiece Tom Brown's Schooldays. A substantial part of the 2004 dramatisation of the novel, starring Stephen Fry, was filmed on location at Rugby School.

Rugby is also a birthplace of the jet engine. In April 1937 Frank Whittle built the world's first prototype jet engine at the British Thomson-Houston works in Rugby, and between 1936-41 based himself at Brownsover Hall on the outskirts of the town, where he designed and developed early prototype engines.[4] Much of his work was also carried out at nearby Lutterworth. Holography was also invented in Rugby by the Hungarian inventor Dennis Gabor in 1947.[5]

In the 19th century, Rugby became famous for its once hugely important railway junction which was the setting for Charles Dickens's story Mugby Junction.

The town also inspired Thomas Hughes, (author of Tom Brown's Schooldays) to set up a colony in America, for the younger sons of the English gentry, who couldn't inherit under the laws of primogeniture. He named the town Rugby. The town of Rugby, Tennessee still exists today.

Invictus with Matt Damon.

What's rugby?

Rugby is a town in North Dakota, USA, that is the geographical center of North America.

I thought everybody (k)new that!

Actually the original Rugby is a market town in Warwickshire, England, located on the River Avon - dates from around 1000 years ago - and famed for the invention of the sport of topic here, Rugby Football!

It's also locally famous for its Saturday night fights under the Market Place clock.

Excuse the spelling, got a bit carried away.

But myself not even being aware that a rugby world cup is being played is absolute confirmation of its third world status

I imagine most of the planet isn't aware that a rugby world cup is going on, including most of the people in a few of the countries playing in it

But myself not even being aware that a rugby world cup is being played is absolute confirmation of its third world status

I imagine most of the planet isn't aware that a rugby world cup is going on, including most of the people in a few of the countries playing in it

Doesn't receive the promotion that it should.

Sad, really...

What's rugby?

Men playing with odd shaped balls!!

Egg chassers. :D