What'S The Current Status Of Firearms Ownership

submaniac

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I warrant the (attempted) insult?

Show me. You're very quick to defend him so you must have a reason.

:lol: Oh my....that is it?

Well it is late here in the USA & it does not look like the clouds will part so no astronomy tonight so I am off to bed but......

I will squeak out the best answer I can....whether it is satisfactory to you is debatable.

Here it is.........

Ask him

I did not defend him I disagreed with the description of an assault rifle.

I agree he wrongly used the term to begin with but that does not make it true either.

(although I think he was jokingly using the term knowing it would ruffle feathers)

If by defend you mean I mentioned more than once that the thread should at the very least

try to answer the OP's question then excuse me.

But really if his exchange with you is to be questioned then the question should go to him

not me.

Thanks & Goodnight

Edited by flying

I wonder why these "Can I Own A Gun" topics always get more attention than let's say a hamburger thread? :rolleyes:

Clash of cultures I suppose. Being a Brit, virtually the only time you hear about the use of these sorts of weapons is in a very negative context such as incidents in Dunblane and Hungerford (which did involve a chinese version of an AK47). Apart from a few small groups there is no real history of gun use for 'positive' purposes such as hunting of self-defence and therefore there is a very strong insinuation between gun use/ownership and brutal murder of people and particularly children as in the Dunblane case.

Also it is a lot harder to hurt somebody with a hamburger!

Even though this thread did absolutely CRAP in terms of answering my questions, I find it entertaining.

Your level of entertainment (some may call it baiting) may be somewhat cockeyed, but I do sense a little hostility. In reply to Your misquote that I said it was impossible, again selective retention of reading. As you seem well acquainted with Thailand you may want to consider.

The customs people (for import) and the police (for license) and most Thai government agencies, are quite well known for their varied application of duties, fees, and the issue of just about anything (including documents). The standard/application can change from city to city, province to province, on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. So what worked prior to you original post may may be out of date. A little effort on your part looking for a firearms dealer who exports could be a step, next you seem to have family in Thailand, you might ask them to talk to the local police about the required documents you need/desire. Now after you put forth your best effort, then you can post your result for all who will be on the edge of their chair awaiting the final reply from you the op.

I wonder why these "Can I Own A Gun" topics always get more attention than let's say a hamburger thread? :rolleyes:

Maybe because here in Thailand, the risks for a foreigner to become victim of a serious crime is far higher than the risk to starve for food ?

Dunno.

I might start my own one in a minute.

Be careful there "Rakers. I've contemplated posting a picture of my guns on this forum, however I'm worried it'll be shot to pieces by everybody.

Clash of cultures I suppose. Being a Brit, virtually the only time you hear about the use of these sorts of weapons is in a very negative context such as incidents in Dunblane and Hungerford (which did involve a chinese version of an AK47). Apart from a few small groups there is no real history of gun use for 'positive' purposes such as hunting of self-defence and therefore there is a very strong insinuation between gun use/ownership and brutal murder of people and particularly children as in the Dunblane case.

No it didn't (Hungerford). Lazy reporting, lazy readers.

IIRC it was an AK-55 or something. Semi-automatic, not fully automatic.

You are generally correct in your view, though.

MarkC

PS Several US states (and to be fair, some countries) gun ownership laws are very good. Collect them all together ... evolution in action.

No it didn't (Hungerford). Lazy reporting, lazy readers.

IIRC it was an AK-55 or something. Semi-automatic, not fully automatic.

You are generally correct in your view, though.

MarkC

PS Several US states (and to be fair, some countries) gun ownership laws are very good. Collect them all together ... evolution in action.

That is the truth of it.

Also the truth is that *legal* USA gun owners/enthusiast are all for locking up & throwing

away the key of those criminals who use a firearm to commit a crime.

No 3 strikes your out...Throw away the key period.

Be HARD on criminals who use the firearm in criminal actions period.

Not more & more laws for those who have always followed the laws in the first place.

We are not the problem.

Edited by flying