Thumbs Up Or Down On Postings

Nikki1611

As sbk stated, it was tried but was red/green button. It was abused, members arguing/fighting about it, cliques using it for their ego stroking one-upmanship, etc. Too much of a distraction and moderation time to deal with it. Essentially it lost its purpose or meaning along the way.

I believe the original attempt was a star rating that lead to all the bickering.

A simple thumbs up or down works fine on many forums. You could even add in a fb like button?

A big thing I find tiresome is people quoting 5 paragraphs etc, you could encourage people to use @bkkjames when replying to my post above. It would certainly shorten things up. I know what I posted, no need for someone to copy the entire thing just to reply to it. Newsclipping section needs it the most imo, people quoting the entire newclipping over and over again.

Funny guys, usually you would post something like:

@smokie, so how's the training for the samui marathon coming, don't worry if you come in bottom 3rd, no chance of relagation,

To which you could reply;

@bkkjames, if it's a drinking marathon, I have no worries of getting relegated, only understood.

the endless quoting, re-quoting and so on . . . when i was reliant on an Edge aircard. sit for an eternity (or more!) to find a double screen length post was merely a post with an emoticon and LOL at the end of it. Thanks for nothing!

either as bkkjames suggested, or by referring to the post number, eg, "as stated in #8" . . . no need for the reply button to automatically include the previous post.