Speeding Ticket On A Thai Holiday

qpgwmh

Rented car with UK credit card from Avis at khon kaen airport to drive to Chang Mai.One month after returning the car, another 1000 baht was debited from my credit card.Went to see them at the airport and was eventually connected with somebody from head office Bangkok.They informed me, in very poor English, that I had been caught speeding.No proof though and had to take their word for it.

Edited by parryhandy

Rented car with UK credit card from Avis at khon kaen airport to drive to Chang Mai.One month after returning the car, another 1000 baht was debited from my credit card.Went to see them at the airport and was eventually connected with somebody from head office Bangkok.They informed me, in very poor English, that I had been caught speeding.No proof though and had to take their word for it.

I would contact AVIS in the UK and insist they show me the speeding proof, the photograph. Hope you do it soon and inform the Bank that any further debits from your credit card by AVIS are to be ignored.

Secondly they would need your signature if your card was put through the old type of swipe machine, or they would need your PIN number if they had a copy of your card, or they would need the 3 didgit number from the back of your credit card.

I smell a rat here.

Edited by OZEMADE