What Did He Buy ?

boracic

me and the misses sat by one of them road side stalls eating food the other day,,,along came this tramp who asked the misses for money.

but from past experiences she as stopped giving them money as they will probably go and spend it all on loa cow.

so she said what you want to eat i will buy you food she said...he replied in thai what he wanted and the misses did not under stand him.

So she asked not once but 3 times and still she could not make out what he wanted...so i asked him and turned out he wanted to eat,. Pad se ew noodles.

i said funny how i could understand him and you couldn't....she said its because you speak the same way after you have had to many beers cheesy.gif

There was a little old lady I used to give money to on the street. One night as I am walking past to pickup my gf I gave her 20baht, she seemed very grateful. Not long later I am walking back and the same lady begs me again so I make the "sorry no small money guesture" and she shouted at me in Thai "<deleted> you, I hope you die soon".

Years ago I was sitting with at one of those Vietnamese breakfast joints when this old granny came up begging. I gave her 20 baht and instead of the grateful wai I had become accustomed to when handing cash to the less fortunate I got a muttered " Tight arse farang " plus assorted other niceties (in Thai natch) under her breath and a look of mild contempt. So I took the note back with a pleasant " Oh you don't want it."

Sometimes the incident flashes through my memory and I wonder whether I did the right thing. And sorry to say every time my mind still comes back with a resounding " <deleted> her the rude old bag"

me and the misses sat by one of them road side stalls eating food the other day,,,along came this tramp who asked the misses for money.

but from past experiences she as stopped giving them money as they will probably go and spend it all on loa cow.

so she said what you want to eat i will buy you food she said...he replied in thai what he wanted and the misses did not under stand him.

So she asked not once but 3 times and still she could not make out what he wanted...so i asked him and turned out he wanted to eat,. Pad se ew noodles.

i said funny how i could understand him and you couldn't....she said its because you speak the same way after you have had to many beers cheesy.gif

Indeed. It's a guy thing...;)

:lol:

Thanks for my morning laugh, welsh. :jap:

:lol:

Thanks for my morning laugh, welsh. :jap:

mai phen rai..jap.gif

There was a little old lady I used to give money to on the street. One night as I am walking past to pickup my gf I gave her 20baht, she seemed very grateful. Not long later I am walking back and the same lady begs me again so I make the "sorry no small money guesture" and she shouted at me in Thai "<deleted> you, I hope you die soon".

Years ago I was sitting with at one of those Vietnamese breakfast joints when this old granny came up begging. I gave her 20 baht and instead of the grateful wai I had become accustomed to when handing cash to the less fortunate I got a muttered " Tight arse farang " plus assorted other niceties (in Thai natch) under her breath and a look of mild contempt. So I took the note back with a pleasant " Oh you don't want it."

Sometimes the incident flashes through my memory and I wonder whether I did the right thing. And sorry to say every time my mind still comes back with a resounding " <deleted> her the rude old bag"

Yeah I agree. not only had I been giving 20baht to this old lady every time I saw her so I expected her to at least remember me, but I had just given her 20 baht about 30 mins prior, so I don't think I deserved to be spoken to in that way. And even if she didn't remember me and I was just a random farang to her, just because I don't give her money she thinks she has the right to shout abuse at me when I'm walking down the street with my gf? Land of smiles my a*se.

I've lived in many developing countries and I'm accustomed to the begging scam wherever there are expats. In Russia there used to be a middle aged woman sat outside an expat grocery shop for 4 years with a few week old newborn, the baby never aged, where did this endless line of newborns come from?? I also see them hit and pinch the babies to make them cry to get sympathy when they saw an expat coming there way and I hated seeing them raise their toddlers on the street so their first words are "give me money". I knew the whole time that the husbands and sons of these women were the ones who were were jumping and mugging all of the farangs daily, and I used to see them catch taxis from supermarkets with trolleys full of food, so I know full well that they are just preying and exploiting the pity of good samaritans.

Like I said, unless somebody is visably handicapped and cannot work then I don't give them any money on the streets anymore, I felt sorry for that little old lady before but to paraphase that miserable old cow, "<deleted> her, I know she will die soon"!