THAI Wins More Awards

webfact

THAI wins more awards

By The Nation

Thai Airways International is placed 2nd for Best Airline and 2nd for Best Asia-Pacific Airline, in coveted Business Traveller survey.

It is also voted 3rd for Best Business Class, 3rd for Best Economy Class, 2nd for Best Frequent-Flyer Programme (Royal Orchid Plus), and 3rd for Best Airline Lounge in Asia-Pacific.

"This has been a remarkable year for us, with our management and staff all across the company having worked very hard in all areas to improve our product and service standards. Our diligence has paid off, and we thank our customers for their loyalty and for recognizing THAI's improvements, and we are excited about delivering even more enhancements in the very near future," said President Piyasvasti Amranand.

In its 20th year, the awards, given out in 55 categories, reflect the highest accolade discerning Business Traveller readers bestow on travel and hospitality providers. They are based on the results from the yearly Readers' Poll conducted and interpreted by Synovate.

Between April and June of this year, Business Traveller Asia-Pacific sent out poll forms to its subscribers, who are some of the region's most frequent travellers. The results were compiled by market research leader Synovate. The results will appear in the October 2011 issue of the magazine.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-12

Thai Airways is now world's 2nd best airline

BANGKOK, 12 September 2011 (NNT)-Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, Thailand’s own airline, is now ranked the world’s second best airline in the world and in Asia Pacific, according to Business Traveler Asia-Pacific Awards 2011.

Thai Airways International President Piyasawat Amranand said the airline was also awarded in various categories such as the second best for its mileage offers, the third best for best business class services and the third best for its passenger lounge.

According to Mr. Piyasawat, the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards 2011 was held in Hong Kong this year where 55 awards had been presented to tourism and airline operators. The results derived from Business Traveler Magazine subscribers who were asked to vote. The majority of subscribers are business people and tourists who travel often.

Mr. Piyasawat said the awards were the result of the hard work and cooperation that the executives and the airline staff had strived for. As a representative for Thai Airways, Mr. Piayasawat said the airline would continue to satisfy the passengers and maintain its services and quality.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-09-12 footer_n.gif

Really? I've seen MUCH worse... the seats are not on the top of the range (slippy - not horizontal) but same as many major airlines (LH, KL, etc.), amenities are a nice touch, whereas it's disappearing with many, then about the staff, remember on some airlines you have to go serve yourself a drink, they don't come any more...

I simply hope they will soon upgrade to a new full flat bed business class in order to keep on the game... received a questionnaire recently for that.

Edited by GaiUan

]It is also voted 3rd for Best Business Class, 3rd for Best Economy Class, [/b]2nd for Best Frequent-Flyer Programme (Royal Orchid Plus), and 3rd for Best Airline Lounge in Asia-Pacific.

so the 3 airlines involved where

Nigera Air

Botswana Air

Thai Air

Well done, you came Last

No Joke , Thai Air has to be the WORST airline to fly into thailand on, there buiness class is the same as most arab econmy

Have never had any complaint with Thai; 8 flights, all within Asia/NZ - remember reading somewhere that the aircraft on the Auckland-Bangkok route were updated/newer than those on routes to Europe (??)

and this, I beleive, is a very flimsy survey - a quote from

2011 Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards

Between April and June of this year, Business Traveller Asia-Pacific sent out poll forms to its subscribers, who are some of the region's most frequent travellers. The response rate was 19.87% percent

no mention of how many people this involved; maybe they could poll the other 80.13% on why they couldn't be bothered responding (but they wouldn't bother answering that either!)

For the record, the categories (there were 55) include:

Best Airline

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Thai Airways

3. Cathay Pacific

Best Asia-Pacific Airline

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Thai Airways

3. Cathay Pacific

Best European Airline

1. British Airways

2. Lufthansa

3. Virgin Atlantic

Best Business Class (and same three for) Best Economy Class

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Cathay Pacific

3. Thai Airways

Edited by Atmos

I was a member of their frequent flyer program and flew with Thai a lot. A year ago I flew with them from OZ to Bangkok and the back of the seat was broken. I could not sit up and the guy behind me at one time finished up with his meal in his lap.

I asked for one of the hosties seats, but was informed they required it for take off and landing. I said they could have it for that and that I would make a complaint when we landed. I was informed that they reported the broken seat in Melbourne and nothing was done to fix it. Around and around we go.

I now fly Emirates and it is a better plane, direct flights, allowed 30 kilos luggage, good food, and most importantly a hell of a lot cheaper than Thai.

Have never had any complaint with Thai; 8 flights, all within Asia/NZ - remember reading somewhere that the aircraft on the Auckland-Bangkok route were updated/newer than those on routes to Europe (??)

and this, I beleive, is a very flimsy survey - a quote from

2011 Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards

Between April and June of this year, Business Traveller Asia-Pacific sent out poll forms to its subscribers, who are some of the region's most frequent travellers. The response rate was 19.87% percent

no mention of how many people this involved; maybe they could poll the other 80.13% on why they couldn't be bothered responding (but they wouldn't bother answering that either!)

For the record, the categories (there were 55) include:

Best Airline

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Thai Airways

3. Cathay Pacific

Best Asia-Pacific Airline

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Thai Airways

3. Cathay Pacific

Best European Airline

1. British Airways

2. Lufthansa

3. Virgin Atlantic

Best Business Class (and same three for) Best Economy Class

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Cathay Pacific

3. Thai Airways

I believe the routes to Aussie and N.Z. are operated by leased aircraft 777er which are fairly newish, so wouldn't need to be updated.

The re furb-VERY OLD 747-400s on the European routes is due==or long overdue soon. how on earth can this ancient service lacking facilities be voted so high, and how can people accept these verdicts.

Best Airline

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Thai Airways

3. Cathay Pacific

Where were Etihad-Emirates-New Zealand-EVA-Qantas-B.A.- the best of the Americas-European. MIRACLE Thai

THAI's service has always been good but so is the service on most airlines. Travel overseas is more convenient if you are travelling from somewhere in the kingdom other than BKK but their high prices are not matched by the quality of their aircraft.

Edited by kraplung

]It is also voted 3rd for Best Business Class, 3rd for Best Economy Class, [/b]2nd for Best Frequent-Flyer Programme (Royal Orchid Plus), and 3rd for Best Airline Lounge in Asia-Pacific.

so the 3 airlines involved where

Nigera Air

Botswana Air

Thai Air

Well done, you came Last

No Joke , Thai Air has to be the WORST airline to fly into thailand on, there buiness class is the same as most arab econmy

I see you don't really like Africans and mid-eastern types either. Happy chappy aren't we?

Keep drinking the Carlsberg and keep posting.

I was a member of their frequent flyer program and flew with Thai a lot. A year ago I flew with them from OZ to Bangkok and the back of the seat was broken. I could not sit up and the guy behind me at one time finished up with his meal in his lap.

I asked for one of the hosties seats, but was informed they required it for take off and landing. I said they could have it for that and that I would make a complaint when we landed. I was informed that they reported the broken seat in Melbourne and nothing was done to fix it. Around and around we go.

I now fly Emirates and it is a better plane, direct flights, allowed 30 kilos luggage, good food, and most importantly a hell of a lot cheaper than Thai.

have to agree there, i flew with emirates for the first time 4 months ago, saved myself £180 compared to thai, i will be using them again, the 2.5 hour transfer is ok when you know you are saving £90 ew,......it was much newer than any thai aircraft ive been on and the food was better also the film on demand entertainment was excellent, ....the worst airline ive flown to thailand with is BA, ...Dirty cabin, ugly , unhappy staff and expensive{i had a special offer} , will never use them again or thai ,unless they are cheaper

I have flown Qantas, Thai, Singapore, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Emirates.

The best service I have had is with Singapore and Thai airways by a mile.

British Airways has really bad customer service, they dont give a crap about you, that goes for Qantas too.

Emirates the planes are nice service is not as good as Thai or Singapore but I have only been with Emirates once.

My ranking by personal experience is

1. SIngapore

2. Thai AIrways

3. Emirates

4. Cathay

last. Qantas and British Airways.

This is a great place to find out the facts about these airlines since no member gets compensated to push any particular airline. Thanks.

This seems an appropriate place to mention that for tickets to Europe I just bought for next month and ones to Seoul I bought a couple of months back, ORBITZ pulled bait and switch both times.

In each case, they offered a cheap flight but when I clicked to buy, suddenly, "Ooops! No longer available. Please accept this alternative."

Of course, the alternative was much more expensive.

How is Lufthansa to Europe these days?

I'm sad to hear all the bad news about THAI because the "Lufthansa" flight back from Europe is actually THAI.

How can they call it "Lufthansa Flight 9718" when it is actually THAI? Confusing. :blink:

1. THAI is too expensive for me. When you go to www.saveflights.com and check flight prices, THAI usually appears way down the list near the bottom amongst the most expensive prices.

2. In Thailand, Bangkok Airways provides a far superior experience and service than THAI.

3. In my opinion, THAI's domestic service is very, very ordinary. I don't fly with them internationally as they're so expensive, and when I had to fly with THAI in previous years because of their arrival times at certain destinations, I recall they had awful entertainment (almost non-existent) and terribly narrow seats with leg room in Sardine Class that would have made dwarfs suffer.

1. THAI is too expensive for me. When you go to www.saveflights.com and check flight prices, THAI usually appears way down the list near the bottom amongst the most expensive prices.

If you are a consistent cheap-charlie type flyer, you cannot pass judgement on more superior service because you never get to try them.

2. In Thailand, Bangkok Airways provides a far superior experience and service than THAI.

To where? Samui? A cold chicken burger on a paper tray and orange juice in a paper cup? And what about their prices for such 'boutique' travel?

3. In my opinion, THAI's domestic service is very, very ordinary. I don't fly with them internationally as they're so expensive, and when I had to fly with THAI in previous years because of their arrival times at certain destinations, I recall they had awful entertainment (almost non-existent) and terribly narrow seats with leg room in Sardine Class that would have made dwarfs suffer.

No, Nok Air domestic service is very, very ordinary. You don't fly THAI because you are cheap. You obviously haven't flown THAI internationally in at least 10 years so your comments on entertainment and seat pitch are both wrong and irrelevant.