2012 Honda Civic Hatchback

thaicruze

It's the UK version built in the UK for the home market and presumably Europe i would look to the USA for whats coming here on past form :crying: .

Take a look, its LHD. Should be fun to drive in Chelsea..Anything Fun to Drive and the Tax Nurds here wont build it .:(

yep, its a LHD with mph speedo, so US only.

Hatch not likely to be marketed by Honda TH, TH market doesnt want hatches

It's the UK version built in the UK for the home market and presumably Europe i would look to the USA for whats coming here on past form :crying: .

Take a look, its LHD. Should be fun to drive in Chelsea..Anything Fun to Drive and the Tax Nurds here wont build it .:(

yep, its a LHD with mph speedo, so US only.

I'm confused. Most of the pics show it has RHD, only one shows it as LHD (I think that photo has been reversed). But then the speedo shows MPH, suggesting it's a US model. However the Thai press report it as being a Euro version (headlightmag.com). And it looks very different from previous pics of the new honda. It looks a little too outrageous for Thai tastes, so I'm guessing we won't get this version, in the same way we don't get the euro accord and older civic versions.

HONDA GOES ON AD BLITZ TO RETAIN CIVIC’S TOP SPOT

‘… “It’s a significant amount, probably more than we’ve ever spent before,” said Honda executive vice-president Jerry Chenkin.… he said it will include finance and lease rates of 1.9 per cent for 60 months and 48 months respectively and a $1,000 incentive “as a way of apologizing for the fact that customers may have to wait.”

At stake are more than bragging rights. A good buying and driving experience with that first vehicle encourages loyalty among owners and can allow an auto maker to retain a customer through several buying cycles….’

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/honda-goes-on-ad-blitz-to-retain-civics-top-spot/article2163212/?cmpid=nl-bizt1

Nice! Let’s see if Honda’s apology extends to Thailand’s potential Civic customers. And just why is it Thailand is deemed not ready for the hatchback.

I am hoping the new 2012 Civic exceeds my expectations despite "Consumer Reports" 'dis-ing' it.

Odd took them years to test the water with the 1st Jazz hatch in 2004, now loads on the road. Toyota then jumped in years late with the Yaris + loads of them about.

No idea why versions of Honda Thailand look so bad and getting worse looking. many models look far better as a hatch and even as an Estate, no chance in Thailand........?

Saying that often see different Civic Type 'R' Hatch driving around, guess imports ? cost over 2 million.. there is a white one about like the above photo, a friend of a friend recons it cost the Thai owner 4.2 million in 2008 !!! [Mugen Malaysia upgraded] sure I would not spend 4.2 million on a Honda.

Why is honda unable to make a nice automatic gearbox?

Honda doesnt make auto boxes, very few car makers do. Honda is supplied by Aisin, so is Toyota, Lexus, Mitsu, Volvo, you name it.

I find Honda specked auto boxes to work better than Toyotas, firmer, shorter shift times and thus less sluggish but also less comfy

. And just why is it Thailand is deemed not ready for the hatchback.

cause in the segments Honda and Toyota both market saloons and hatches, Yaris/Vios and Jazz/City, the saloons outsell hatches with 9 to 1

In several markets bmw, benz and volvo sell more than 50% as estates. In Thailand, zero

prior to 2004 there where no mass market hatches available in Thailand

. And just why is it Thailand is deemed not ready for the hatchback.

cause in the segments Honda and Toyota both market saloons and hatches, Yaris/Vios and Jazz/City, the saloons outsell hatches with 9 to 1

In several markets bmw, benz and volvo sell more than 50% as estates. In Thailand, zero

prior to 2004 there where no mass market hatches available in Thailand

Yep, there's simply no demand for Japanese C segment hatchbacks in Thailand, and Honda are already on the brink of oblivion, so no way will they take such an expensive gamble.

Odd took them years to test the water with the 1st Jazz hatch in 2004, now loads on the road. Toyota then jumped in years late with the Yaris + loads of them about.

No idea why versions of Honda Thailand look so bad and getting worse looking. many models look far better as a hatch and even as an Estate, no chance in Thailand........?

Saying that often see different Civic Type 'R' Hatch driving around, guess imports ? cost over 2 million.. there is a white one about like the above photo, a friend of a friend recons it cost the Thai owner 4.2 million in 2008 !!! [Mugen Malaysia upgraded] sure I would not spend 4.2 million on a Honda.

Yep and before that the Civic hatch was an extremely popular hatch.. Quite a few listed for resale on this one site alone..

Honda Civic hatches

Honda doesnt make auto boxes, very few car makers do. Honda is supplied by Aisin, so is Toyota, Lexus, Mitsu, Volvo, you name it.

I find Honda specked auto boxes to work better than Toyotas, firmer, shorter shift times and thus less sluggish but also less comfy

Interesting! I always though the automatic in my 2006 Civic felt really .. hmm.... elastic or something. Most automatics here sound the same way, like a CVT kinda thing. I used to drive a BMW automatic back in Europe and it was a completely different experience, much firmer correspondence between RPM and speed, if you get what I mean.

I like the picture in the OT though. Nice!

Take a look ,4 out of 5 photos RHD :blink: No5 for Europe amazing Honda can build both versions.

Thought i was clear, im talking visually. Every car has classy auto sticks except honda..

Thought i was clear, im talking visually. Every car has classy auto sticks except honda..

You get horny looking at a shifter. :ermm:

:D

You get horny looking at a shifter. :ermm:

:D

I do.... :D:P Like a sexy lady to me..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Honda are already on the brink of oblivion, so no way will they take such an expensive gamble.

Do you mean Honda in general or Honda Thailand? I thought they were a successful and major player pretty much everywhere they are in the world.

Honda's automotive group, globally.

Honda has lost substantial market share in every major market it operates it over the past few years. Their exit from Formula1 in 2008 was the first real sign of financial troubles in the group, their VTEC technology is dated an unable to compete against new tech from competitors on FE and emmissions (and will soon have problems meeting legislated requirements in some key markets), and along with the 2011 Tsunami effecting supply (more than any other manufacturer) and a universally panned 2012 Civic (their key, volume model), it all paints a fairly drab outlook for them.

Honda automotive needs a very quick turn-around of new tech and a strong and prolonged return to profitability to survive, so taking risks (like releasing a C segment hatch in a market that has clearly demostrated they don't want them) is just not an option.

Note that Honda Motorcycles and their "power" group (marine, generators etc) are still healthy - but not healthy enough to support an unprofitable automotive group.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Honda are already on the brink of oblivion, so no way will they take such an expensive gamble.

Do you mean Honda in general or Honda Thailand? I thought they were a successful and major player pretty much everywhere they are in the world.

Honda's automotive group, globally.

Honda has lost substantial market share in every major market it operates it over the past few years. Their exit from Formula1 in 2008 was the first real sign of financial troubles in the group, their VTEC technology is dated an unable to compete against new tech from competitors on FE and emmissions (and will soon have problems meeting legislated requirements in some key markets), and along with the 2011 Tsunami effecting supply (more than any other manufacturer) and a universally panned 2012 Civic (their key, volume model), it all paints a fairly drab outlook for them.

Honda automotive needs a very quick turn-around of new tech and a strong and prolonged return to profitability to survive, so taking risks (like releasing a C segment hatch in a market that has clearly demostrated they don't want them) is just not an option.

Note that Honda Motorcycles and their "power" group (marine, generators etc) are still healthy - but not healthy enough to support an unprofitable automotive group.

We heard the same about Mitsu, but they still hang on. A Much bigger companie is pinning their hopes on a born looser here anyway.:D

I saw a few pics of next year's Civic on a Filipino website... as a poster previously mentioned, the new Civic bound for 'our market' is no where near as sexy as the picture in the OP - it is bland and rather Corolla looking. Car consumers in Thailand seem to get shafted - it's either a severe lack of choice/models coupled with lower specs and higher buying costs! I often wish I could live in the US just to be able to go car shopping :-)

• 2 months later...

I plan on purchasing a new Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris in Jan/Feb 2012. Does any one have any idea of the price in Baht.

Honda Jazz:

S MT 590,000 บาท

S AT 630,000 บาท

V 660,000 บาท

SV 715,000 บาท

English language specs for each model

Toyota Yaris

S Limited 714,000 บาท

S A/T 694,000 บาท

G A/T 674,000 บาท

E Limited 649,000 บาท

E A/T 629,000 บาท

E M/T 594,000 บาท

ACE 604,000 บาท

J A/T 574,000 บาท

J M/T 539,000 บาท

However, I'd recommend the Mazda 2 or Ford Fiesta over either.

I plan on purchasing a new Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris in Jan/Feb 2012. Does any one have any idea of the price in Baht.

Honda Jazz:

S MT 590,000 บาท

S AT 630,000 บาท

V 660,000 บาท

SV 715,000 บาท

English language specs for each model

Toyota Yaris

S Limited 714,000 บาท

S A/T 694,000 บาท

G A/T 674,000 บาท

E Limited 649,000 บาท

E A/T 629,000 บาท

E M/T 594,000 บาท

ACE 604,000 บาท

J A/T 574,000 บาท

J M/T 539,000 บาท

However, I'd recommend the Mazda 2 or Ford Fiesta over either.

Thanks for the info, I will also look at the 2 cars you mentioned.

• 2 months later...