Southern Bus Terminal To Airport Train.

baboon

My geograhy of Bangkok is dreadful. I want to jump in a taxi and go to the nearest station where I can jump on a cheap train to Suvarnaphumi. Where do I go, Makkasan?

I am capable of taking my luggage up flights of stairs. Thanks.

Its not too bad to be honest. Depends on the time of day though but they go on the expressway just past Rachatewi.

I will have four or five hours to play with. No offence to you, `Drinker, but my bladder is not the best, so I would like the option of being able to jump off a train, having a widdle outside and hopping on the next one. Thanks for your reply, though.

I trust you are a Chang man?

I believe it was recently announced that the 556 Bus no longer goes to Suvarnaphumi along with all the express buses. Does anybody know for sure?

No. They stopped the Khao San rd service the old A2 (I think) That was 150B a head.

No offence to you, `Drinker, but my bladder is not the best, so I would like the option of being able to jump off a train, having a widdle outside and hopping on the next one.

I really can't reply to that!

Help!

I trust you are a Chang man?

Oh aye!

555 definitely.cancelled. Experience 2 day ago.

You have to take the free shuttle bus to the bus terminal.

At the bus terminal is an information counter who give you the correct information how to reach the southern bus terminal.

I can't remember the bus numbers but very easy to go. Total cost 40 THB + 12 THB.

Time I spend 2 1/2 hr early morning

Just walk out the front of the bus terminal and enter the BTS Ekkamai station. Take the northbound train.

Get off the train at Phaya Thai, and enter the Airport Link terminal.

Get out at Swampy.

Wrong bus station. You are referring to the Eastern Bus Station at Ekkamai. I believe the OP will be arriving at the New Southern Bus Terminal, referred to as "Sai Tai Mai".

Near the intersection of Thanon Phuttha Monthon Sai 1 and Thanon Borommaratchachonnani/Route 338.

At the bus terminal is an information counter who give you the correct information how to reach the southern bus terminal.

I can't remember the bus numbers but very easy to go. Total cost 40 THB + 12 THB.

How early are we talking about? I will arrive 4am was that bus running at that time?

I would just take a taxi to Phaya Thai honestly. If you are clueless, running for a plane is no time to test your BKK geo-knowledge.

By bus would be to take the 511 to [KSR] Banglamphu, get off Democracy Monument, then a taxi to Phaya Thai. You could get closer, but you don't know the city.

The KSR A2 and all A buses are finished!

Edited by bangkokburning

I would just take a taxi to Phaya Thai honestly. If you are clueless, running for a plane is no time to test your BKK geo-knowledge.

By bus would be to take the 511 to [KSR] Banglamphu, get off Democracy Monument, then a taxi to Phaya Thai. You could get closer, but you don't know the city.

I am arriving at the airport early morning before ARL starts. So if there is a chance to get early to Southern bus terminal without taking a taxi I will try it.

Bus/Minibus to Victory monument/Phaya Thai and 515 from there would be great if possible to find. Will arrive 3.30 at the airport if on time :/

Any ideas that could help?

I am arriving at the airport early morning before ARL starts. So if there is a chance to get early to Southern bus terminal without taking a taxi I will try it.

Bus/Minibus to Victory monument/Phaya Thai and 515 from there would be great if possible to find. Will arrive 3.30 at the airport if on time :/

Any ideas that could help?

One of the things about arriving at that time is the minimal traffic in Bangkok. The mess starts around 7am.

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but it may be worth the 300b or so to cab it directly to Southern Bus Terminal, enjoying the novelty of practically flying through streets where traffic is usually at a crawl.

Sorry bus 556

Could someone clarify?

Which bus is no longer running.

Which one is still running?

I understood you were coming from Sai Tai Mai?? You are coming from the airport??

If you have backpack +33L you really should not be on a local bus! Luggage FORGET IT! DONT BE AN ASS and drag luggage on a bus esp during rush hour.

I would get on the Airport Link to Phaya Thai and then take a taxi to Khao Sahn. Take the 511 from Rachmemnoenklang (sp). Bus terminates AT Sai Tai Mai so you will not have to worry about where to get off.

Most buses south leave 8-9am but more 6-8pm.

Please note also the buses these guys are mentioning - A # buses finished, some other 55X bus seems as well by the posts. Waiting for a bus takes time, they are full and erratic. Some times even finding the stop is a chore. Some times the stop is not the stop, locals use +/- 50m as a bunch of buses stop at any given stop.

I do not know anything about buses ffrom airport into BKK or micro bus routes - sorry.

Good luck

Edited by bangkokburning

It all went well. Came a bit late to the airport.

So I was at the airport travel center around 5am.

Took bus 554 heading for Dom Muang got of and changed for a bus to Victory Monument ant 515 from there.

Around 6.30 I had my bus ticket for Phuket and plenty time to have a nice breakfast.

Minibus/van still run from travel center to Victory Monument as well.

So there is options for those who don't want to wait for the ARL.

And early morning traffic is perfect for traveling around Bangkok in bus. :o)

Pity they canceled bus 556 that had strait rout to the Southern bus terminal from the airport.