Can't Keep A Great Team Down

Well the marvelous Oz cricketers are back with vengance, batting = superb (Ponting 2 tons) bowling = excellent ( Warnie at his best) fielding = impeccible ( not changed much)

cmon you soapies get with the program and admit you fluked the ashes a prize we have never taken anyway. :o

Well the marvelous Oz cricketers are back with vengance, batting = superb (Ponting 2 tons) bowling = excellent ( Warnie at his best) fielding = impeccible ( not changed much)

cmon you soapies get with the program and admit you fluked the ashes a prize we have never taken anyway. :o

Australia knocked over the Windies for 129 in their second innings today to win by 379 runs!

Warne and McGrath didn't take a wicket. It was the young guns, Lee, Bracken and Watson who cleaned them up comprehensively.

Good news for the future. :D

hello soapies :o

comments anyone

of course. As I said before the Aussies are still a great team. It was only England that made them look average. The more Australian victories the better, it only strengthens our position at the top, or second rung of the ladder. You carry on winning mates. We've done our bit.

shady has been intimating I am supermouth, I told him to ask a mod for an IP address. As far as my interlude we played well and the game was good, you soapies with the negative comments didn't see the game, pie boy and farty spring to mind :o

I have actually seen a reasonable amount of the first test bronco.

True Aus played well but the quality of the opposition has to be taken into account.

I must admit it's nice to be able to have a dart at the 'quality of Australia's opposition' for once as that was the Aussies usual line of attack whenever we beat anyone.

Beating the WI in one test does not signal a resurgence of Aussie cricket and if the powers that be start to think that the Ashes was just a 'blip' then things are going to get tough for Aussie cricket over the next 18 months.

Beating the WI in one test does not signal a resurgence of Aussie cricket and if the powers that be start to think that the Ashes was just a 'blip' then things are going to get tough for Aussie cricket over the next 18 months.

I agree with the Prof. Beating the WI in one test does not signal a resurgence of Aussie cricket. (Even the thrashing of a world side just before that would not be considered a resurgence.)

To have a resurgence implies the team has somewhere to rise from. Australia is still the number 1 ranked team in the world! Since 1990 they have played a total of 55 test series against all other participating nations. Australia have won 42 series, everyone else a combined total of 8. The other 5 were drawn. The only team to have held their own in this period is India with 3 series wins for each team.

England won only 1 of 8 test series in this period. That win was very recent, and by the slimmest of margins (2-1). One of those games was won by the second closest margin of all time so the series could have very easily been reversed.

You're right Prof. You can't have a resurgence when you are on the top. :o

(over to the soapies :D )

Say what you like.

Where are the Ashes now ?

Not in Australia methinks !!!

they never have been in Oz the soapies are indian givers

Jeez Bloncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wots wrong wid yer? You trying to wake Supermouth up from his/her/it's hibernation.

He made an appearance in the shout box this morning :o

Be afraid.