Snorkel Company Recommendation Khao Lak?

Grawburg

We're flying to Phuket from BKK in November and heading up to Khao Lak for snorkeling. I'm sure booking through the hotel will be more expensive. Any suggestions on a company that would pick us up from our hotel and take us (4 adults) on a snorkeling trip for the day? They don't need to have a website, but I'd like to find a little info on them before I book....I can call (live in BKK) and set it up if that opens me up to more possibilities. Any idea of costs?

Booking tours through the hotel is always more expensive. In Khao Lak there are many small tour agencies located along the main street. They all sell snorkeling trips going out from Tublamu Pier south of Khao Lak, and prices are negotiable. I can specially recommend a full day snorkeling tour to Similan Islands. There you will find the most beautiful islands and coral reefs you have ever seen. It is a bit far out in the sea, so please make sure to check the weather forecast, that there is not a storm coming up. Similan Islands are closed for tourists part of the year, during the rainy season from early May until end of October. Here is a link to some photos from Similan Islands.

i recommend utilizing poseidon bungalows and similan tour (same company) out of khao lak. all inclusive 3 days/2 nights liveaboard snorkeling trip to the similan islands. i did this last year on my christmas holiday and it was fantastic. have a foreign, english-speaking snorkeling guide as well. google poseidon bungalows and similan tour khao lak and all of the information will come up.