What Is Za (Or Zaa Or Zaaa)?

ChristianPFC

I noticed that some gay chatrooms on camfrog end in -za (or -zaa or -zaaa; attached with hyphen or underscore) and some usernames do so as well. The same applies to gayromeo (online dating website): there are usernames that end in -za (or -zaa or -zaaa). What is za or what does it mean? Does this ending occure elsewhere (apart from gay dating) as well?

Edited by ChristianPFC

OK, this is a total guess but it kind of makes sense:

ซ่า (zaa) means fizzy, as in coke or sprite. It is also used to mean naughty/cheeky. You'll find it listed in Longdo as 'show off'.

Now, far be it from me to get into gross stereotyping, but I can think of at least a handful of gay friends of mine for whom any of the above would be a fitting simile ... and I don't think they'd mind me making that connection.

A non-gay friend, who is certainly a bit of a bubbly character, calls herself Toonzaa on her fb profile. So I guess it could well be used for people happy to present themselves as effervescent.

Edited by AjarnPasa

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies. In addition, I asked a Thai friend and that's what he wrote:

Za it mean of big fun.look like I said to you '' ChristainZZAA!!!.or BoyZZAa!!.IT MEAn is big fun and HI fun.so I worte for Thai for exsemple is ซ่า it look like interesting about hi fun.

And now, knowning how to write it in Thai, I was able to look it up on thai2english:

[ Verb ] [to] tingle (the type of feeling you get when your hairs stand on end)

[ Onomatopoeia ] (the sound of running water)

Edited by ChristianPFC