2.5 Billion Baht From 1st Of 1 Sky: Grammy

webfact

SATELLITE TV

BT2.5 BN from 1st of 1 Sky: Grammy

By WATCHIRANONT THONGTEP

THE NATION

GMM Grammy expects 1.5 million of its 1 Sky set-top boxes to be sold in the first year and that at least Bt2.5 billion will be generated following the launch of its broadcasting-platform service this November.

The service will be operated by 1 Sky Multimedia, a new GMM Grammy subsidiary set up with registered capital of Bt100 million.

The 1 Sky set-top box will be offered in three models. The Standard model will be available in November, with the platform allowing customers to access pay-per-view (PPV) services as well as free-to-air channels from Bt1,500 monthly per box.

The other two, to be launched later, are the Easy model at Bt500 monthly for free-to-air channels and Genius HD at Bt2,500 for high-definition channels.

Customers can plug all three models into C and KU Band satellite dishes.

Vilasinee Chivanond, managing director of 1 Sky Multimedia, yesterday said the number of subscribers is projected to hit 334,000 by the end of next year, followed by 459,000 in 2013 and 584,000 in 2014.

Premon Pinskul, chief financial officer of GMM Grammy, said revenue would come from sales of set-top boxes, subscriptions, sponsors and advertising, and PPV services.

The company expects to generate Bt2.5 billion in the first year, 45 per cent of which will be from sales of set-top boxes, 32 per cent from subscriptions and 23 per cent from PPV, sponsorship and ads.

"These revenue proportions will change in the next three years. Subscriptions will [eventually] take the lion's share of 60 per cent, while sales from set-top boxes will drop to 27 per cent," he added.

To achieve this ambitious goal, the company has invested about Bt2.1 billion on content development. This comprises Bt650 million for imported entertainment and family content, and Bt1.5 billion for the licensing of overseas sports events.

Additionally, the company will allocate Bt100 million for marketing promotion to build brand awareness of 1 Sky until the end of next year. The promotion will be conducted on various platforms, from mass media to dealers and business partners.

Premon said the company next year would add five channels at a cost of at least Bt500 million.

Paiboon Damrongchaitham, chairman of GMM Grammy, said: "Now we have shifted our focus on expansion into a leading broadcasting-platform provider, after GMM Grammy has emphasised for the last 28 years media and entertainment content production and provision."

He said the revenue contribution from new business was expected to hit 28 per cent and generate a margin of about 35 per cent by 2014, with average annual growth of 12 per cent from this year's estimate of just 2 per cent.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-20

By all accounts ASN are dropping True like a hot potato as of November 1st... and moving to Grammy... So if you are a football fan, you will now have to get a new box

Which accounts? I can't find anything on ASNs switch.

Customers can plug all three models into C and KU Band satellite dishes. There isn't much free to air on Thaicom to pick up, and I can't imagine DTV or True will want to share their content with them.

Few crap Grammy channels, and the standard PSI C-Band is my guess to their lineup.

Gosh do they think they can compete with DTV and IPM TV for normal Thai's?

Also their price appears to be in the TrueVision range and thats has proven to be too high a price. Most Truevision dishs you see are FREEVIEW packages.

Also there are gray market guys selling Vietnam Sat TV with a few HD channels for like B600 a month and lots of HD channels for less than B800 per month. Do these guys really think they can compete........looks like the planned viewers are about 10 times more than they will have to me.

Actually know some one with a vietnam true vision box , cost bht10,000 and the whole range of true vision packages for free after buying the box , just have to buy a dish apparently.

Also their price appears to be in the TrueVision range and thats has proven to be too high a price. Most Truevision dishs you see are FREEVIEW packages.

Also there are gray market guys selling Vietnam Sat TV with a few HD channels for like B600 a month and lots of HD channels for less than B800 per month. Do these guys really think they can compete........looks like the planned viewers are about 10 times more than they will have to me.

By all accounts ASN are dropping True like a hot potato as of November 1st... and moving to Grammy... So if you are a football fan, you will now have to get a new box

Which accounts? I can't find anything on ASNs switch.

Customers can plug all three models into C and KU Band satellite dishes. There isn't much free to air on Thaicom to pick up, and I can't imagine DTV or True will want to share their content with them.

Few crap Grammy channels, and the standard PSI C-Band is my guess to their lineup.

I have a meeting with ASN for reasons I can not go into right now, but they have told e that they will be moving to GMM by the end of November

Sounds more like "Pie in the sky" to me. No advertising and no information on content. Only a price that makes True sound pretty good. I'll believe that they can compete with True when I see it.

Sounds too good to be true, a company wanting to invest on overseas sporting rights (non BPL I would assume) and offer a HD service.......

But I agree, it all sounds pie in the sky.

Its not just having content and infrastructure to start, its also having back office in place, its having logistical systems to fulfil orders, a network of partners to install, a customer service and sales function.......

Some of my own business partners supply infrastructure to Grammy and i can tell you there is no back office in place whatsoever at this point. Can they do it in a month? not a chance....

• 2 weeks later...

They just got the exclusive rights to ASN, outbid True

It's a nice tease, but what are they offering? I can't find any details, anywhere. With six weeks to go until November, they're certainly keeping it all under wraps.

If they have a worthwhile set of channels, I'd love to write it up for the Phuket Gazette...

• 4 weeks later...

They sent me an e-mail when ASN was dropped from True with installation pricing and an offer of 3 months free but since then nothing. I've sent them many e-mails requesting pricing and programming information but they don't answer. I can find absolutly no programming information from 1SKY so why would I drop True? Bad is better than nothing!

It's a nice tease, but what are they offering? I can't find any details, anywhere. With six weeks to go until November, they're certainly keeping it all under wraps.

If they have a worthwhile set of channels, I'd love to write it up for the Phuket Gazette...

Actually know some one with a vietnam true vision box , cost bht10,000 and the whole range of true vision packages for free after buying the box , just have to buy a dish apparently.

Do you know where we can get a Vietnam True Vision Box in Thailand ?

Does it also require one of those plastic "chip on a card" type keys for it to work?

• 1 month later...

Sounds too good to be true, a company wanting to invest on overseas sporting rights (non BPL I would assume) and offer a HD service.......

But I agree, it all sounds pie in the sky.

Its not just having content and infrastructure to start, its also having back office in place, its having logistical systems to fulfil orders, a network of partners to install, a customer service and sales function.......

Some of my own business partners supply infrastructure to Grammy and i can tell you there is no back office in place whatsoever at this point. Can they do it in a month? not a chance....

You go eat your pie sky pilot. I'm gonna watch Monday Night Football right now. It's the Giants and the Saints. I got mine in October. 1-Sky broadcasts. They have companies all over Thailand that do the installation. Maybe you listened to the wrong people and missed the boat.

I have ASN a through GMMGrammy. I got it through a company called Dynasat. Talk to Saranya.

Saranya

DYNASAT

DYNASAT Building

158 , Soi Wongsawang 21,

Wongsawang Rd. , Bangsue,

Bangkok , 10800 Thailand

Tel : (66) 2 910 8935 -9, (66) 2 910 7682-6

Fax : (66) 2 587 2443

www.dynasat.com

Tell her you need to get ASN. She will set it up for you or give you the number you need to get it set up. If you live in a condo you will need a letter from the owner to allow the dish to be installed. The only channel I get in English is ASN. 5000 baht got me installed. No payment until the first of the year. I am watching now. With stereo I get a small problem with language. Until I learned there are 2 settings for English. One has both English and Thai. Push the language button one more time and you get English only. Push the language button one more time and you get Thai only. I am very pleased but I don't know what they will charge me come the new year.

I hope this will help somebody. And don't complain to me that you on a waiting list. Do your research next time you want something instead of complaining. This site just has whiners and moaners posting.

I have ASN a through GMMGrammy. I got it through a company called Dynasat. Talk to Saranya.

Saranya

DYNASAT

DYNASAT Building

158 , Soi Wongsawang 21,

Wongsawang Rd. , Bangsue,

Bangkok , 10800 Thailand

Tel : (66) 2 910 8935 -9, (66) 2 910 7682-6

Fax : (66) 2 587 2443

www.dynasat.com

Tell her you need to get ASN. She will set it up for you or give you the number you need to get it set up. If you live in a condo you will need a letter from the owner to allow the dish to be installed. The only channel I get in English is ASN. 5000 baht got me installed. No payment until the first of the year. I am watching now. With stereo I get a small problem with language. Until I learned there are 2 settings for English. One has both English and Thai. Push the language button one more time and you get English only. Push the language button one more time and you get Thai only. I am very pleased but I don't know what they will charge me come the new year.

I hope this will help somebody. And don't complain to me that you on a waiting list. Do your research next time you want something instead of complaining. This site just has whiners and moaners posting.

If I were Grammy, I'd fire the advertising people. Where is the information concerning prices and content?

• 3 months later...

Not a Vietnam True Vision box. Really VTV from Vietnam which has nothing to do with TrueVision-Thank God ha ha. Fewer channels than True Vision but what they have are higher quality and the price is cheaper but you do have to buy a box for like B11,000 then make payment in 1 year periods. I have had it 2 years now and like it much better than TrueTrash eh I mean True Visions.

Do you know where we can get a Vietnam True Vision Box in Thailand ?

Does it also require one of those plastic "chip on a card" type keys for it to work?

satthai.tv is the link

Not TrueVisions. Its VTV which are in with CANAL from France. TrueVisions is crap even if it is free