PM Yingluck Enjoys House Canteen To To Quash 'Bt200.000 A Meal' Rumours

webfact

PM enjoys House canteen to kill 'expensive lunches' talk

By The Nation

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra lunched at the Government House canteen yesterday to quash rumours that lunches inside her office cost about Bt200,000 a meal.

After chairing a meeting of state agencies concerned with flood mitigation, Yingluck went downstairs to the canteen with Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, Deputy Prime Minister Kowit Watana, PM's Office Minister Krissana Sihalak, and deputy government spokeswoman Anuttama Amornwiwat.

Yingluck's presence in the canteen drew a lot of attention from officials and reporters. She hit back at claims that her meals cost about Bt200,000.

"Most of all, some said I always have lunches that cost about Bt200,000. So, I would like to show that I have normal food. I like to have curry because it's simple and doesn't cost much. I would be fat if I ate Bt200,000 meals," she said.

To make it fair for food shops in the canteen, Yingluck ordered items from all of them. The dishes she ordered included omelette, fried Sepat Siam fish, fried chicken, chicken curry, friend Chinese sausages, bitter gourd soup, fried hot minced meat and Chinese meatball soup.

Speaking to reporters, Yingluck said she'd told her secretary much earlier that she would like to have a chance to eat lunch at the canteen.

She said she liked the taste of the food at the canteen and always had omelette for meals.

However, the premier avoided answering media questions about her brother Thaksin's revelation that she called him and said she was tired. He has been in Cambodia for an economic conference since last Friday

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-20

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did she also mentioned that she likes to use the workers' toilets, because she wants to prove that she does not use luxury ones? And that she tried all cubicles in said toilets as she wanted to please all cleaners? And that the ones she enjoyed the most were the ladies' toilets?

Can't believe that her alleged taste for canteen omelets can make ground for a report!! Nothing better to discuss?

Miracle Thailand indeed.

Did she also mentioned that she likes to use the workers' toilets, because she wants to prove that she does not use luxury ones? And that she tried all cubicles in said toilets as she wanted to please all cleaners? And that the ones she enjoyed the most were the ladies' toilets?

Can't believe that her alleged taste for canteen omelets can make ground for a report!! Nothing better to discuss?

Miracle Thailand indeed.

It made the news because it was the very first decision she made all by herself...

.... guess that's why she took one of everything, she couldn't even make that decision!

It reminds me an interview of Abhisit. He was asked if his wife allows him to use the remote for the TV at home (she has the reputation to wear the trousers, and not be easy ...wink.gif ).

He replied, yes, sometime, but even then, she still chose the channel biggrin.gif

I think from the reaction of the other canteen users it's fairly <deleted> obvious she is rarely seen there. Does anyone really give a monkeys if she eats there or not?

What is of more interest is the alleged phone call with Taksin where she claimed she was tired- Anyone got a link to that story?

Miracle Thailand indeed.

She said that she always had omelets, so it must be them that makes her tired. she also said big meals would make her fat, in the next breath she chose something from all the food ladies.

You don't have to promote your self in this fashion to try to get across that your normal, if you have to do it it shows you are not the norm. Really it's sicky this publicity stunt, a laugh a minute.:lol:

200,000 Baht a meal, that's one hell of a service charge, wonder if the waiter is a relation.

HaHA come on 7% was v.a.t.----so the caviar and truffles were not too expensive-and swilled down with champa's

she gets a fair income renting out the boys football field.:lol:

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra lunched at the Government House canteen yesterday to quash rumours that lunches inside her office cost about Bt200,000 a meal.

After chairing a meeting of state agencies concerned with flood mitigation, Yingluck went downstairs to the canteen with Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit

Loved the photo of Yongyuth.

He's about ready to puke after having suffered to eat such peasant food.

yongyuthenjoys.jpg

What an UN- story!!!

Instead of... "To make it fair for food shops in the canteen, Yingluck ordered items from all of them. The dishes she ordered included omelette, fried Sepat Siam fish, fried chicken, chicken curry, friend Chinese sausages, bitter gourd soup, fried hot minced meat and Chinese meatball soup." ... why not order from a different vendor every day!!

She seems like a very attractive lady, so she must be under a considerable amount of stress if she is able to eat all of that food and maintain such a slim and trim figure. :jap:

After chairing a meeting of state agencies concerned with flood mitigation, Yingluck went downstairs to the canteen with Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit

Loved the photo of Yongyuth.

He's about ready to puke after having suffered to eat such peasant food.

yongyuthenjoys.jpg

He looks like he is taking on the role of her personal chef.

hurl.jpg

" Weak stomach Yongyuth ?"bah.gif

" No, I'm throwing it as far as everyone else mate."jerk.gif

(P.S thanks for the image Bucholz)

YOngyuth looks highly uncomfortable. I probably would, too, if I tried to have a quiet lunch and were surrounded by 60 people watching every single spoonful I shoved in my mouth.

hurl.jpg

Yingluck: "I heard that if you eat a lot of eggs you might start to look like one".

Yongyuth: "I took this job in order to be wealthy beyond my dreams and to live in luxury. Not to eat in a canteen!!"

hurl.jpg

YOngyuth looks highly uncomfortable. I probably would, too, if I tried to have a quiet lunch and were surrounded by 60 people watching every single spoonful I shoved in my mouth.

Uncomfortableness at publicly shoving your mouth full is an attribute not shared by her brother during his covered-up Bird Flu crisis.

thaksin_chicken.jpg

What a stupid story. I cant remember the Nation ever making anything of the "lunches" and "dinners" of Banharn, Sanan, Snoh etc and their legendary hospitality (linked to hi-so politcal fixing) would dwarf anything by a Shinawatra.

I too wonder that criticism of a rich person who happens to be a poltician spending their money even if embellished a tad or lot may not be good in terms of looking extravagent, but put it into perspective with say the Dems trying to raise 600 million baht for an election campaign by having a line of very rich people pay for a chinese table or twenty?

What a stupid story. I cant remember the Nation ever making anything of the "lunches" and "dinners" of Banharn, Sanan, Snoh etc and their legendary hospitality (linked to hi-so politcal fixing) would dwarf anything by a Shinawatra.

I too wonder that criticism of a rich person who happens to be a poltician spending their money even if embellished a tad or lot may not be good in terms of looking extravagent, but put it into perspective with say the Dems trying to raise 600 million baht for an election campaign by having a line of very rich people pay for a chinese table or twenty?

I guess it all depends on who picks up the tab of her alleged 200,000 baht lunches ... which from what I can tell she doesn't deny except to say she doesn't do it all the time.

Edited by Nisa

I guess it all depends on who picks up the tab of her alleged 200,000 baht lunches ... which from what I can tell she doesn't deny except to say she doesn't do it all the time.

Not yesterday, at least.B)