• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Jomtien Immigration Opening Times

steveloader

I was in there today at 1PM. That place is so busy I don't see how they could possibly close for an hour, it wouldn't be practical.

Practical or not, all activity apparently ceases between 12:15 and 1. Shortly after 12 they put a little cloth cover over the machine that issues the queue numbers, and from that point you can watch TV and drink free coffee until they take the little cloth cover off again at about 12:50, and the officers return to their desks at about 1, by which time of course there is quite a large queue as you noticed.

I had personal experience of this last week when I arrived an hour later than I intended, and had to wait until 1 for things to start moving.

So my recommendation is to get there well before 12, or after 1.

I was in there today at 1PM. That place is so busy I don't see how they could possibly close for an hour, it wouldn't be practical.

Practical or not, all activity apparently ceases between 12:15 and 1. Shortly after 12 they put a little cloth cover over the machine that issues the queue numbers, and from that point you can watch TV and drink free coffee until they take the little cloth cover off again at about 12:50, and the officers return to their desks at about 1, by which time of course there is quite a large queue as you noticed.

I had personal experience of this last week when I arrived an hour later than I intended, and had to wait until 1 for things to start moving.

So my recommendation is to get there well before 12, or after 1.

Darrel - You are right, I was down there again yesterday. The OP was pretty much correct in what he said.

• 11 months later...

8.30 - 16.30h Mo-Fr

except at 12:01 you will be told to come back at 1 if you want a number ticket, i reckon 830 till 12 and 1 till 4:30, if you want more than free coffee. :rolleyes:

i want to go do an extension how long would this take ie if i get there at 4pm would i have to go back next day