Reds Infiltrating Thaivisa

timekeeper

so i just logged in and theres a huge RED banner across the top of the page

isn't there enough red menace talk on here without being reminded every time i look at the screen!

guys where are you?

please my eyes are burning...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sbk
personal names removed

Theres a bonus to not being old and needing a huge screen I guess, on my normal size laptop its not annoying at all :D

I am not (too) old :P . I have a (small) laptop :crying: and well adjusted glasses ... But still, this red banner annoys me. How about a softer shade?

Good point. A softer shade would probably do the trick. Granted not on a laptop but it's very annoying on my 22" screen.

For now when a new page loads on TV, I immediately scroll one tick on my mouse, to get the banner off the screen.

Theres a bonus to not being old and needing a huge screen I guess, on my normal size laptop its not annoying at all :D

I am not (too) old :P . I have a (small) laptop :crying: and well adjusted glasses ... But still, this red banner annoys me. How about a softer shade?

Good point. A softer shade would probably do the trick. Granted not on a laptop but it's very annoying on my 22" screen.

For now when a new page loads on TV, I immediately scroll one tick on my mouse, to get the banner off the screen.

+1 and I am using a 32" screen.

Very annoying.

i most certainly dont need a big screen but dual 24 inch monitors do enhance productivity.

i agree 100% and not to start a pissing contest but i have three.......

If you use Firefox try the "NoSquint" add-on which allows you to set text and background colours. I did not notice the banner until I read this thread as my background is black and text grey. Easier on the eyes at night :)

I did see the link for Google+ and my thought was immediately one of derision - Google is trying to come to the party a little late, but all the aggressive marketing tricks are only going to put potential users off...

Note to mods - this does not remove the banner (I still have the dumb Google+ link but it's a little less intrusive - I don't like things shoved down my throat...)

Edited by ParadiseLost

Why not make it hide-able, like most other similar panels are on other websites? An "X" in the top right, which then stores a cookie and makes it hidden forever, would be a good addition. Anyone who clicks the "X" will have to read the text anyway so it would have the desired effect.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

Sherwood Forest Green -much more restful

thanks George and my fellow complainers for your support

I think this sight would not be as helpful as it is if it weren't for those banners. I hardly notice it on my 820" enormous, mind boggling, Hypersonic, Plasma computer screen.

Could be because it's not there anymore. So if you are hardly noticing it then time to get the screen checked. :D