Rock Climbing & Adventure Park

maidu

Oct.1, Saturday is re-opening day. We opened first time in February this year, but closed in May for the duration of the rainy season, as wet rock isn't well suited for climbing - not by our species anyway. Got a new manager, and we're endeavoring to spiff the place up, though all things won't be 100% by Oct.1. Since it's a Saturday, the plan is to have some 'live music' at the Boomerang stage area after sundown. Free popcorn around the campfire that evening and other fun stuff, including sing-alongs. Maybe c u there. Directions: cross the Mae Fa Luang bridge from Chiang Rai. Go 1 Km through the small town of Ban Nam Lat. Take a left at Soi 5 (road 5). We're 2 Km on the right. Contact me for added details and URL

We'll be open all days except Mondays, from 10 am until dark. We may stay open later on days when some stragglers want to hang together at the restaurant. Friday evenings we plan to have sing-alongs (no amplification, no microphones) around a campfire. Saturday evenings is amplified music from the stage. Daytimes there will be no recorded music - just sounds of nature - particularly bird tunes (no, not the Byrds who, incidentally, are one of my favorite bands).

Already arranged for insurance. Got appointment to sign papers with agent - timed with re-opening.

Also endeavoring to help develop nearby area for community park (Lion Hill Nature Trail). Will do a dedicated posting for that soon.

no comments or questions?

Questions:

1 - Did you change your TV ID?

2 - Why?

yes, I did change my TV ID. I can't say why because I might be breaking the rules to talk about moderator issues. However, one of the moderators figured it out and wrote to tell me it's ok, as long as I don't break the rules (or words to that effect). If you want to know details, contact me direct.

More important than that, Since starting this post, Boomerang got a new manager. He's an Aussie fellow who has considerable climbing experience. We're beefing up safety apparatus and proceedures to an already very safe place. Thus far, hundreds of climbers and zippers have enjoyed the place, and not one injury - I don't think many of the local taverns can even say that.

Questions:

2 - Why?

yes, I did change my TV ID. I can't say why because I might be breaking the rules to talk about moderator issues. However, one of the moderators figured it out and wrote to tell me it's ok, as long as I don't break the rules (or words to that effect). If you want to know details, contact me direct.

More important than that, Since starting this post, Boomerang got a new manager. He's an Aussie fellow who has considerable climbing experience. We're beefing up safety apparatus and proceedures to an already very safe place. Thus far, hundreds of climbers and zippers have enjoyed the place, and not one injury - I don't think many of the local taverns can even say that.

Yeah, but how did your meeting regarding insurance go Brahms?

Because that would be my concern b4 I bring my kids along.

Edited by chang35baht

Questions:

2 - Why?

<snip>

Different name, same old spam, same old BS. <_<

Questions:

2 - Why?

You must not have read Rule#10

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links,

Insurance agent said she'd come and meet with the management when the park re-opens in early Oct. It's early Oct, so we're waiting for her to show up. Don't have her tel#. If someone wants to recommend an insurance agent, then can contact me. If anyone is bothered by an announcement of a re-opening of a recreational park in C.Rai, then that sounds like their problem. If they'd rather read about Thai g.f. problems, or drinking beer, or farang getting killed on a beach, then they can find plenty of such posts about that on T.Visa. - sorry if they had to read a paragraph about a park opening.

Later I'll have a post about a community park planned for C.Rai - so perhaps some C.Rai forum readers should be forewarned, so they don't have to suffer through reading a couple paragraphs about that.

Insurance agent said she'd come and meet with the management when the park re-opens in early Oct. It's early Oct, so we're waiting for her to show up. Don't have her tel#. If someone wants to recommend an insurance agent, then can contact me. If anyone is bothered by an announcement of a re-opening of a recreational park in C.Rai, then that sounds like their problem. If they'd rather read about Thai g.f. problems, or drinking beer, or farang getting killed on a beach, then they can find plenty of such posts about that on T.Visa. - sorry if they had to read a paragraph about a park opening.

Later I'll have a post about a community park planned for C.Rai - so perhaps some C.Rai forum readers should be forewarned, so they don't have to suffer through reading a couple paragraphs about that.

Thanks for the Warning Brahms. I think its time I changed my Username too :)

Just need to think of something suitable, although it shouldn't be difficult as I was raised by Sioux Indians just south of Barnsley . :unsure:

Edited by jubby