Hotels In Ubon Ratchthani

akuhead

Hi all ..! I will be driving down from UdonThani on the 10th of this month to Ubon with family in tow..attending a wedding in some remote village in Na Yia. Not sure the distance outside Ubon. I see it on our map. My question is hotels. I used the search mode and found 3 .one resort and 2 hotels...Tohsang Ubon Hotel and Laithong Hotel....no phone number listed as I would call and try a make my own reservation. Does anybody know this place Na Yia off highway 24 onto 2213. We are attending a wedding there at the home of a police officer who lives behind the police station. Not sure how far from the town of Ubon and really dislike sleeping on the floor without air. No problem for the wife and daughter and the rest but I like my comforts...air and the rest. Anyway, if anyone can assist ..I would be very appreciated.... aku.. :o

Hi all ..! I will be driving down from UdonThani on the 10th of this month to Ubon with family in tow..attending a wedding in some remote village in Na Yia. Not sure the distance outside Ubon. I see it on our map. My question is hotels. I used the search mode and found 3 .one resort and 2 hotels...Tohsang Ubon Hotel and Laithong Hotel....no phone number listed as I would call and try a make my own reservation. Does anybody know this place Na Yia off highway 24 onto 2213. We are attending a wedding there at the home of a police officer who lives behind the police station. Not sure how far from the town of Ubon and really dislike sleeping on the floor without air. No problem for the wife and daughter and the rest but I like my comforts...air and the rest. Anyway, if anyone can assist ..I would be very appreciated.... aku.. :o

Na Yia must be nearly an hour's drive south east of Ubon. I have no idea of hotels there...

However:

Tohsang Resort at Khong Chiam is very nice, but far. Don't know what the Ubon one is like. A few k baht per night I seem to remember at the Resort...

Kaeng Saphue Riverside Hotel at Phibun is a decent place, at about 900 Bt per night. Still quite far.

Maybe something in Det Udom if you search on that...

All depends on the price you want to pay and the comfort you require but here's one that's fairly cheap and comfortable with a nice pool -

http://hotelkey.com/hotel-hh-78386-en/hotel-patumrat-.html

And another that's more expensive -

http://www.ethaiguide.com/hotel/LaithongHotel/default.asp

And the tohsang in town -

http://www.thai-tour.com/thai-tour/Northea.../hotel/tohsang/

Lots of hotels in Ubon fron fan and cheap (200baht) to the all singing Nevada Grand at - I don't know never stayed there!

The wife and I have stayed at the Laithong Hotel in Ubon a couple of times. Very nice place, good location. You can get a standard room for 1300 baht or a suite for about 2000 baht. Very good restaurant and a breakfast buffet as well. We are planning to stay there again on our next visit in February.

Here is a link: http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/645103/booking.html

I agree with mandl. I too stayed at the LaiThng a couple years back and was quite satisfied. The rooms were large and well maintained and the staff was helpful and friendly. Here's another link, this one not a booking agent but rather the hotel's own site. I'm not sure of course but it's a good bet that if you (or your wife) call them direct you can negotiate a better price than whats quoted here (1200+tax)LaiThong Ubon

Laithong and Nevada are both good if you want to pay around the 1000 baht mark

I f you want a little cheaper there is the Montana and the Tokyo which have clean decent enough, though fairly basic air-con rooms for around 400-500 a night, both not far from each other on the main Chaiyangkun road near to Thungsrimuang park