Had Enough Of Vista

smokie36

Surely if you install another OS you will lose ALL the original Vaio stuff? I ask because I'm no expert, but also run Vista and am encountering problems recently. In HK the other day the Sony shop told me that if I installed W7 I would lose all the original factory-installed Vaio programs. True or not?

Unlike XP, Vista users do get a direct upgrade path to Windows 7, so your files and apps should migrate to Win7 without any problems.

Source:http://lifehacker.com/5152335/windows-7-upgrade-details-for-xp-and-vista-users

Surely if you install another OS you will lose ALL the original Vaio stuff? I ask because I'm no expert, but also run Vista and am encountering problems recently. In HK the other day the Sony shop told me that if I installed W7 I would lose all the original factory-installed Vaio programs. True or not?

Unlike XP, Vista users do get a direct upgrade path to Windows 7, so your files and apps should migrate to Win7 without any problems.

Source:http://lifehacker.com/5152335/windows-7-upgrade-details-for-xp-and-vista-users

That is true. I've had to uninstall another couple of programs though..

ATI CATALYST Install Manager and ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Second attempt to install crashed again at step 2......third time lucky?

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 8 release date is still not announced... Win7 has demonstrated stability and security over the past few years. I'd say it would be a safer bet rather than being an early adopter.

Ok Windows 7 it is then.

Another question...any thoughts on the best antivuris software at the moment?

Windows 7 is way to go. Don't get involved with Windows 8 until service pack 1 is released.

Gdata for me is the best paying AV by a some distance.

A good free option is AVG.