Looking 4 Riverside Flat - Klongsan Area(wat Arun)

[SIZE=7]Relocating to Bangkok -

Request information on Waterside Apartment in the Klongsan area.

(Across the water from Saphan Taksin BTS station).

Request information on area pricing for a 2-3 BR new deco, high flr apartment for this Zone 1 district. Budget is between 25-35,000 Baht.

Also any helpful information for a first time, long-term renter in the city would be greatly appreciated. Any things to be aware of, and to steer clear from please.

Openly welcome flats available now and over the next few months from landlords and agents seeking tenants in this area that meet the above specs.

Khup Khun Khrap,

Ki Lin[/size]

Hi Ki Lin.

You might want to try the Baan Chao-praya. It goes up to 31 floors and the views are spectacular as I know the place personally.

There are many condo units in this building and prices do vary a few thousand from place to place and floor to floor.

You'll definitely get a 1 bedroom within your price range but I’m not sure about a 2. You'll have to call the office to see what's available or take a look at their notice board on the ground floor as many private owners advertise there.

Here's a link to one of their hi-rise apartments: http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=437

Tips for first time renter. Read the contract carefully before signing and dispute or negotiate any part you’re not sure or happy about.

Hang around for a while and chat with other residents (there’s always someone coming and going in these places) and see if they’re happy with the place generally.

Print off the Home hunters check list and take it with you or at the very least note down a few points that are important to you personally.

Home hunters check list: http://www.mrroomfinder.com/Articles/Roomf...r_Chk_Lists.php

Good luck

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Thanks Drew for the great insights, as we are going to head over that way tomorrow to view several options. It sounds like the Baan Chao-Praya is a perfect move from Discovery Bay, Hong Kong for us.

A quick question, as I have heard lots back and forth about pricing in Bangkok, expat vs. local. Is it advisable for our local friend here to take care of everything, gifting a lower price, or in this area it is pretty much average for premium location?

I have seen a 1BR for around 25,000 Baht there and a 2BR for 35-40,000 Baht per month. As well, is this typically inclusive of management fee's.

Thanks in advance and all the very best!

Ki Lin

A quick question, as I have heard lots back and forth about pricing in Bangkok, expat vs. local.  Is it advisable for our local friend here to take care of everything, gifting a lower price, or in this area it is pretty much average for premium location?

I have seen a 1BR for around 25,000 Baht there and a 2BR for 35-40,000 Baht per month.  As well, is this typically inclusive of management fee's.

Ki Lin

Hi Ki Lin.

As a guide the average price for a 1 bed is around 25,000 THB/Mo. you can probably find a little cheaper and definitely some will be bit more expensive. Their office is on the 8th floor and you'll need to speak to Khun Aom (Om) as the office there manages some apartments for some landlords.

There are quite often private owners advertising their own vacant condos on the notice boards, so you may wish to get a few numbers while you're there too.

The rooms really do vary greatly. Some are kitted out to look like small palaces whereas others are a bit bland and tired looking. It really depends on what's available by whom at the time.

With regards to price, never be afraid to haggle, you never know what deals can be cut.

Warning: Last time I was there, it looked like there was some construction starting on the 'City side' but I can't be certain if a new project was about to commence or they were just clearing the land from a previous derelict building.

Be sure to ask about this when you view as it could be a home from hel_l if the cranes move in. The temple side is much quieter but the views are not quite so spectacular, but then not everybody likes to look out cityscapes.

Good luck.

Aitch

• 1 year later...
A quick question, as I have heard lots back and forth about pricing in Bangkok, expat vs. local.  Is it advisable for our local friend here to take care of everything, gifting a lower price, or in this area it is pretty much average for premium location?

I have seen a 1BR for around 25,000 Baht there and a 2BR for 35-40,000 Baht per month.  As well, is this typically inclusive of management fee's.

Ki Lin

Hi Ki Lin.

As a guide the average price for a 1 bed is around 25,000 THB/Mo. you can probably find a little cheaper and definitely some will be bit more expensive. Their office is on the 8th floor and you'll need to speak to Khun Aom (Om) as the office there manages some apartments for some landlords.

There are quite often private owners advertising their own vacant condos on the notice boards, so you may wish to get a few numbers while you're there too.

The rooms really do vary greatly. Some are kitted out to look like small palaces whereas others are a bit bland and tired looking. It really depends on what's available by whom at the time.

With regards to price, never be afraid to haggle, you never know what deals can be cut.

Warning: Last time I was there, it looked like there was some construction starting on the 'City side' but I can't be certain if a new project was about to commence or they were just clearing the land from a previous derelict building.

Be sure to ask about this when you view as it could be a home from hel_l if the cranes move in. The temple side is much quieter but the views are not quite so spectacular, but then not everybody likes to look out cityscapes.

Good luck.

Aitch

Baan Chao Phraya

Baan Chao Praya

The city side has the live band playing next door till late 7 days a week and the start of a 50 story building next to it.

The quieter Temple side has 200 dogs barking day and nite right below. I can hear them now. It's terrible. Sounds like the worlds biggest kennel.

The head of Security let my ex wife into my apartment. The place got trashed and I was robbed. They have a superb video security system but somehow, they lost the critical footage of them letting her in.

The worthless manager let a Hooligan and 7 friends occupy the 1 bedroom unit above me.

He won't even accept my calls about the racket I endure from overhead. Its 11;30 and I hear all sorts of noise. The manager does nothing.

Cars get stolen from the parking lot.

Security speaks Thai so don't count on help in an emergency.

They promise to fix things and nothing happens.

I did investigate before moving here and talked with a few owners.

They won't tell you about the crappy Manager, all the barking Dogs or the outrageous live music being played 7 days a week, next door.

It is 6AM and I hear 50 dogs howling, barking, yapping, fighting etc.

Crazy.

Last nite, my noisy upstairs neighbor was running a hammer drill.

The manager, Mr. Watanit, won't take a call.

What a lazy jerk.

Beware or renting or buying in this building is all I can say.

Baan Chao Praya. Baan Chao Phraya.

I will be moving and will be encouraging anybody looking at the place to reconsider.

The noise from above my apartment is increasing and now , the Manager, Mr. Watanit, says don't call. Better to move he says.

Its obvious he is not concerned about my landlords loss of income.