Bangkok Hotel Buffets

corkscrew

Is there a way to find out which places offer buffets (and pricing, possibly), without getting into a restaurant and asking? :)

Wife and I want to start visiting some places that offer dinner buffet, but I'd prefer to know if it is available in advance (and the cost, I guess). Obviously, going for a dinner buffet in Hyatt (and similar places) is going to cost arm and a leg, so that is easy to guess. But I am not sure about pricing in other places (Amari, for example - if they even offer buffet).

I did find a website which seemingly lists buffet offers in Bangkok (and few other cities in Bangkok), but I am not sure if it is up-to-date.

Any tips are much appreciated :)

Thanks.

I don't get it.

I originally found this thread by searching for 'buffet bangkok', and I didn't see 16 different threads about buffets in Bangkok (nor do i see them now after I made new search a minute ago). That's why I posted here. Somehow I didn't think threads named "Last Night Of The Proms In Bangkok 27/10/2011" or "Mentally Unstable German Found Walking Naked In Pattaya" would have information I was looking for :)

I'll try digging deeper and looking at cwldanny's posting history, thanks for the advices.

I don't get it.

I originally found this thread by searching for 'buffet bangkok', and I didn't see 16 different threads about buffets in Bangkok (nor do i see them now after I made new search a minute ago). That's why I posted here. Somehow I didn't think threads named "Last Night Of The Proms In Bangkok 27/10/2011" or "Mentally Unstable German Found Walking Naked In Pattaya" would have information I was looking for :)

I'll try digging deeper and looking at cwldanny's posting history, thanks for the advices.

when you do the search use the pop down to search the whole forum and not the current topic (this thread)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to find out which places offer buffets (and pricing, possibly), without getting into a restaurant and asking? :)

Wife and I want to start visiting some places that offer dinner buffet, but I'd prefer to know if it is available in advance (and the cost, I guess). Obviously, going for a dinner buffet in Hyatt (and similar places) is going to cost arm and a leg, so that is easy to guess. But I am not sure about pricing in other places (Amari, for example - if they even offer buffet).

I did find a website which seemingly lists buffet offers in Bangkok (and few other cities in Bangkok), but I am not sure if it is up-to-date.

Any tips are much appreciated :)

Thanks.

The Hyatt charges 1280 baht ++ for their buffet dinner during the week and 1700 baht ++ for their seafood buffet Friday to Sunday. They also have an optional drink buffet at 790 baht ++ with a reasonable red and white wine on offer as well as sparkling wine and some beer so you can drink what you like. I am looking for a nice Christmas dinner location where they don't include the wine in the price as they do at the Four Seasons as my 3 guests don't touch a drop. The Hyatt does an excellent spread but year by year I have noticed the penny pinching accountants reducing what was on offer. We used to get the most gorgeous Christmas crackers which pleased my guests but year by year these got worse until last year they were not even on the tables in the evening. I am looking for the same sort of standard and hopefully where they don't allow people to wear baseball caps or operate iPhones and iPads.

• 1 month later...

I am very lucky that I get to try a bunch of these buffets through work events.

To me the buffet at Imperial Queens Park is streets ahead of anything else I've tried including those mentioned here. Decor is a little bit 1985 but food is SUPERB as is the selection of wines.Also has a very good selection of Italian cured meats and European Cheeses. The only thing that lets them down is the dessert selection but even then its pretty good, 9/10 rather than 10/10

Buffet is 1500 and Booze buffet is 500......well worth a go. Book in advance on a weekend night and be there at 6pm when its all laid out.....

Best one for me is Sheraton Grande- the only place that consistently has alaskan king crab in its sunday brunches- plus you get the live jazz music. 2nd fav is tie between 4 seasons for its good food and nice cosy atmosphere and Shangri la by the river for the views.