Shower Cleaner...

jackliveswhere

This will most probably relate to more of the Australian Public.

I am looking for a Calcium/Lime Cleaner/Remover for the glass in my shower.. in the younger years whilst still living in Australia the product CLR (Calcium Lime Rust) and a quick and easy Pressure Cleaner would see the shower clean in less than 15 minutes ;)

Obviously not using the Pressure Cleaner any more but would like to know if anyone knows of a Thai Equivalent that is good for removing Calcium & Lime build ups..

You should be able to find that type of cleaner in Tesco lotus or big C, maybe you have tried these places but I normally find a good strong cleaner at these shops

If all else fails a lemon or white vinegar would do the trick

Edited by benbear

I had never even heard of this stuff - until you mentioned it. Then I saw it tonight for the first time ever when I visited a store on Ratchadaphisek Road tonight for the first time ever. The store is called "Boontavorn", which is a home furnishing establishment, and the product I saw was called "HG Professional Limescale Remover". When I saw it, I thought about your post. It sells for 520 baht for a liter bottle, and 195 baht for a much smaller bottle. Boontavorn is located on Ratchada - near the Sutthisarn MRT Station - and a bit past the police station on the same side of the road.

CLR is common in the US as well but here the cleaner formerly known as Duck Ra is very much like it with a strong acid based cleaner, the product comes in a bright purple container with bright red cap and is available in most department stores like Tesco, TOP's et al..

CLR is common in the US as well but here the cleaner formerly known as Duck Ra is very much like it with a strong acid based cleaner, the product comes in a bright purple container with bright red cap and is available in most department stores like Tesco, TOP's et al..

Duck Ra seems to have changed it's formula. When it was sold in a spray bottle it worked to kill mold. It doesn't work for me anymore and the formula appears different seems different. annoying because it seems to be the only anti mold product sold.

Isn't that different from a descaler?

You should be able to find that type of cleaner in Tesco lotus or big C, maybe you have tried these places but I normally find a good strong cleaner at these shops

If all else fails a lemon or white vinegar would do the trick

Add some salt to the vinegar or lemon juice....that will abrade the buildup and help remove it. I have used an abrasive car polish....that works very well too!

Duck Ra seems to have changed it's formula. When it was sold in a spray bottle it worked to kill mold. It doesn't work for me anymore and the formula appears different seems different. annoying because it seems to be the only anti mold product sold.

Isn't that different from a descaler?

Duck Ra had 2 formula's, one was bleach based and came in a white container with blue top and used for mold the other is the one I described which is acid based and used for scale, lime & rust you should never use the them together you will asphyxiate yourself through the production of mustard gas.. Use the purple one sparingly as it will erode your tile grout, CLR was never for mold either it's a scale remover. Calcium (scale) Lime Rust all removed with acid based products.. Also Duck ra it seems changed ownership as besides keeping the packaging color the name has changed I think it used to be a Thai company and now is owned by J&J but don't quote me on that..

If you have mold then break down the scale first as it coats over the mold and dirt creating stains and preventing chemicals from reaching the mold as it grows underneath.

Then use common liquid bleach in a spray bottle to coat the mold making sure you've thoroughly rinsed the scale remover before using the bleach. If in a bathroom simply soak the bathroom with the bleach in a spray bottle before you go to sleep and when you wake up it will be spotless, the bleach will penetrate the grout and this also leaves behind a dried bleach residue that will continue to keep the mold away for a long period of time.

maybe see if plain old elbow grease will be the answer,seemed to work ok befor all the flash fancy stuff

Yes why learn a new time saving technique that gives a satisfactory result :rolleyes: ?

It never worked "OK" it was just accepted to settle with the end result and it did far more damage to the surface with much more effort and less result..

You can scrub all you want with conventional methods on lime and scale and you'll not get any satisfactory result in the end unless your standards aren't very high.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hank,

Thanks very much mate.. i live on Rama 3 Rd so will take a ride up there tomorrow!

I had never even heard of this stuff - until you mentioned it. Then I saw it tonight for the first time ever when I visited a store on Ratchadaphisek Road tonight for the first time ever. The store is called "Boontavorn", which is a home furnishing establishment, and the product I saw was called "HG Professional Limescale Remover". When I saw it, I thought about your post. It sells for 520 baht for a liter bottle, and 195 baht for a much smaller bottle. Boontavorn is located on Ratchada - near the Sutthisarn MRT Station - and a bit past the police station on the same side of the road.