Good Watch Repairers In Pattaya

DEVATSAR

Hi All

Cut a long story short, 5 weeks ago I went we Central Shopping Center level three and showed my watch to the " watch repair technician " he opened up the back and told me in broken English it needed a service, quoted me 3000 baht and said he would have to send it to Bangkok. It would take about a week. Problem was i didn't have enough cash on me at the time so told him i would come back later. Didn't go back for because of one thing or anther so i left the watch at home

The watch is a Citizen, 9 ct Gold bracelet watch, not that expensive but sentimental and about 12 years old, runs of a battery but needs a full "service" Had this done in the UK about three years ago cost was about £60.00

Went back today after thinking about the price and now cash in hand and said OK would he please do the job.

He says to me "No can get back off the watch" told him he did 5 weeks ago he which did and he quoted me a price He just kept telling me same line " Cant get back off the watch no can do in Bankok" !!. AMAZING ,what happened to change his mind ?

He is either a complete liar OR he mislaid/lost his tool ?? mmmmmmm ( a watch techician losing his tool is possible, but not that likely me thinks!

Anyway I cant find anyone who "can do", any body out here who has any recommendations for a reliable watch repairers who has the skill to service this typ :rolleyes:e of watch would really appreciate it.

I know its boring story, sorry about that But you are my last hope !!

Many thanks,

Paul

There is a watch shop on 2nd road directly across from The Avenue, they sell and service watches. Over the last few years I have bought 4 watches for family and had my own watch serviced, the old Thai man that does the work is very good and price is very reasonable. I would say,,, If he can't fix it,,, it can't be fixed,, cheers.

Go to second floor of Royal Garden, on 2nd road side. Take the escalator and turn left,... the sign says "watch repair".

The old man has incredible skills and most of original parts on hand, as numerous tools for testing and calibrating the watches.

Paid 800 bahts (with new battery) last week for fixing my Ms Rodania watch - she forgot to take it off before diving in the pool.

Guess who paid the repair?

There is a watch shop on 2nd road directly across from The Avenue, they sell and service watches. Over the last few years I have bought 4 watches for family and had my own watch serviced, the old Thai man that does the work is very good and price is very reasonable. I would say,,, If he can't fix it,,, it can't be fixed,, cheers.

I also go to this guy. Does a good job and has reasonable prices. Lived here 5 years and have never had a problem with his work.

Go to second floor of Royal Garden, on 2nd road side. Take the escalator and turn left,... the sign says "watch repair".

The old man has incredible skills and most of original parts on hand, as numerous tools for testing and calibrating the watches.

Paid 800 bahts (with new battery) last week for fixing my Ms Rodania watch - she forgot to take it off before diving in the pool.

Yes I too use this guy .....I had my Tag watch serviced in the UK before moving out here cost £130...two month later the minute hand fell off.....took it to him (on someone's recommendation) and he re- cleaned and serviced an repaired it all within one hour......A job well done .....Cost peanuts

The most famous watch repairer in the whole of Pattaya is Mr. Wong. His shop is right at the back of Wat Chai Market on Pattaya Tai. He is professional, diligent, truthful and he speaks excellent English..... and (I think) his German is good also. He has been there for more than 15 years and I have used his services on an Omega, an Ellesse and a Seiko watch. Each time, I was impressed with the quality of his work and delighted with the price. His normal "workshop" is but a bench in his small store but he does have a better workshop in the back.

I also go to this guy. Does a good job and has reasonable prices. Lived here 5 years and have never had a problem with his work.

I also endorse this recommendation. A real old school technician in the best possible way.

I also endorse this recommendation. A real old school technician in the best possible way.

Many Thanks great choice !!! Brilliant

Soi Baukhaw top end junction with Pattaya Klang. Left side as you enter Soi Baukhaw there are two watch repair shops there. I take mine to the first one. He's very good and not expensive.

First one is the best one, very capable and honest, I take many watches and clocks there.

The most famous watch repairer in the whole of Pattaya is Mr. Wong. His shop is right at the back of Wat Chai Market on Pattaya Tai. He is professional, diligent, truthful and he speaks excellent English...<snip>...

I fully agree!! I first bought from his shop 11-years ago. Mr. Wong backs up what he sells as well as does repairs.

I had the clasp break on a watch I bought from him 6-years ago; he repaired it for free.

Another watch, a diving watch (Scuba) I bought from him years ago (for a mere $100-US!) needed cleaning...cost was but 500-Bt.

An honorable and honest man!

Soi Baukhaw top end junction with Pattaya Klang. Left side as you enter Soi Baukhaw there are two watch repair shops there. I take mine to the first one. He's very good and not expensive.

yes one of these shops called jacy's or something,my family from europe buys his watches for many years, and he gives a real support,

worth your money.

Just gave my watch to mr wong, lovely man, will take hm two weeks, he explined that this type of watch is not good in thailand becaise of the heat and the wtach is gold and very thin. we shall see :huh:

i await the result !!

cheers for all the help

Yes I too use this guy .....I had my Tag watch serviced in the UK before moving out here cost £130...two month later the minute hand fell off.....took it to him (on someone's recommendation) and he re- cleaned and serviced an repaired it all within one hour......A job well done .....Cost peanuts

This is the ONLY watch shop I would use in Pattaya! I have 4 good watches that I have had a long time. I used to get watches serviced in the market by various "professionals! they would last a while then break down again, this was over a period of years, I have lived here over 20.

I took a watch to the "old man" mentioned above (reckon he is younger than me!) he took the watch apart and showed me how it had been fixed using non genuine parts, to cut a long story short he put all my watches back into A 1 condition and I have had no problems for years, it wasn't cheap getting the genuine parts put back!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the ONLY watch shop I would use in Pattaya! I have 4 good watches that I have had a long time. I used to get watches serviced in the market by various "professionals! they would last a while then break down again, this was over a period of years, I have lived here over 20.

I took a watch to the "old man" mentioned above (reckon he is younger than me!) he took the watch apart and showed me how it had been fixed using non genuine parts, to cut a long story short he put all my watches back into A 1 condition and I have had no problems for years, it wasn't cheap getting the genuine parts put back!

Update: Just to let you know...

The watch shop just relocated on the ground floor (1st floor) of the Royal Garden - the previous location is going to be another optical business.