Kasikorn Credit Card Limits?

Hi People,

I would like to find out if Kasikorn bank automatically increase credit card limits and if so what is the time frame of this? I.e. after 3 months, 6 months etc.? Also i would be interested in knowing how much i can expect the limit to be increases by if and when this does happen.

My limit is 120,000 Baht at the moment and i use about 80% of this each month and also pay the full balance off every month too, so in theory Kasikorn should like this and increase my limit at some point, i don't really want to ask for an increase and i'm not too bothered just looking for some info if anyone has had experience with Kasikorn cards before.

By the way i have 2 cards 1 visa and 1 master card and both platinum also both are on same account.

Thanks very much in advance.

About 7 or 8 years ago the Bank of Thailand tightened up the regulations for the granting of consumer credit, as there was some alarm at the number of Thais getting themselves underwater with credit cards. They established guidelines for minimum monthly salary (I believe it was 12,000 baht/month) before a credit card could be issued and the maximum amount of credit that could be granted as a percentage of annual salary. Since then, local card issuers (well, in my experieince at least Bangkok Bank and Citibank) have been reluctant to increase credit limits without an explicit request from the cardholder and a salary certification letter from his/her employer.

About 7 or 8 years ago the Bank of Thailand tightened up the regulations for the granting of consumer credit, as there was some alarm at the number of Thais getting themselves underwater with credit cards. They established guidelines for minimum monthly salary (I believe it was 12,000 baht/month) before a credit card could be issued and the maximum amount of credit that could be granted as a percentage of annual salary. Since then, local card issuers (well, in my experieince at least Bangkok Bank and Citibank) have been reluctant to increase credit limits without an explicit request from the cardholder and a salary certification letter from his/her employer.

Cheers for your reply Kamnan, sounds about right but maybe they will up limit as i am paying full balance off every month...well at some point they may up the limit lol.

Cheers again.

This is spot on... I asked the credit card companies that I have cards with and this is exactly what they told me. If you want to increase your balance you need to request it and bring in updated income information.

So I wonder if Thai credit card companies ever reduce credit limits. I have had my card for about three years and the account has been run properly, I have never worked in Thailand and my only income is my occupational pension, whilst this is index linked my overall income is down because of the strength of the Baht. My limit is a tad under 3x my monthly net income, and whilst it is more than sufficient for my needs, it's good to have a cushion.