Second Childhood

wandrinstar

I hired a Cooper yesterday. Jeeez 5 K per day, a B.M was 3.5., but i thought Bkk, parking, traffic , bit of fun , sod it , why not. Great Fun, I love it, all Boy Racer. It ends there. Sence kicked in after an hour. What is this Car doing a City cant do. Its a bit faster from the lights,easy to park , and my 6+ ft fits easy , and seats are superb. I havent Googles the price ,but its about 5 Cities i guess, so i decided i am tight fisted old man , just as my Wife says. Anyone got one out there.?.

Nice looking car and should be great fun to drive, but as you said: you can buy 5 pcs Honda City for 1 Cooper then the fun stops, sadly.

I see a few of them on BKK plate here in Pattaya during the weekends, young Thais driving them, properly rich papa paying.

When I was 15 years old and wanted a moped (small restricted MC) my father told me: Well son you better start delivering news papers so you can save some money for it.

Nice looking car and should be great fun to drive, but as you said: you can buy 5 pcs Honda City for 1 Cooper then the fun stops, sadly.

I see a few of them on BKK plate here in Pattaya during the weekends, young Thais driving them, properly rich papa paying.

When I was 15 years old and wanted a moped (small restricted MC) my father told me: Well son you better start delivering news papers so you can save some money for it.

I started delivering newspapers when I was 13, bought my Gilera 50 at 16, and traded up for Suzuki GT125 at 17, still delivering newspapers before school :D

I started delivering newspapers when I was 13, bought my Gilera 50 at 16, and traded up for Suzuki GT125 at 17, still delivering newspapers before school :D

Fond memories uh, but I must admit that I don't miss it. In Denmark in those days the mail box was normally build into the front door which meant that I had to go thought the garden of all the houses and often run for dear life due to angry dogs, he-he. I bought a Suzuki 50 cc at 16 years old for my newspaper money.

I started newspaper deliveries at this age, I saved up for the Kawasaki KH250 which I drove to my local railway bridge and watch the Flying Scotsman pass by, disappearing in a cloud of steam was very exciting, great day's and a great memory!!

Edited by kenny999

Fond memories uh, but I must admit that I don't miss it. In Denmark in those days the mail box was normally build into the front door which meant that I had to go thought the garden of all the houses and often run for dear life due to angry dogs, he-he. I bought a Suzuki 50 cc at 16 years old for my newspaper money.

I come from further north, so in addition to angry dogs we had snow and ice in the winter. Fix, studded bike tyres. Fond memories indeed, but dont miss the winters very often

thinkin of it I also bought an old Mini 850 with some friends at age 17. rust hole through in several places, but great fun :D and my mum and dad happy about it, as the mini made me leave my mums Fiat 127 alone

and here in LOS, if I would be silly enough to spend 2,5 million on a tiny retro car, I think I would get the new beetle convertible or Fiat 500 soft top

Amazing how many Mini there are on the roads here, for the price cannot figure it out, so many other options...

BMW 320i. Mazda MX5, Volvo C30, Alfa Romeo, Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo, Volkswagen Scirocco, Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTi, Mercedes-Benz C200 BlueEFFICIENCY, to be different you could get a Citroen DS3 + a top model Honda City

A Mini is about the last car I would think about buying for that sort of money.

Nicely put Mr Ignis ,it is hard to figure out. I wondered when i posted the topic how long it would be before we got Lefty Remarks about Rich Kids.The Renter told me its hard to get one at weekends , pre booked, Thai folks hire then to go away to Resort areas. They did me a good price cause it goes back Thursday. Out of those mentioned above id go Subaru, a sign was a Forrest Driver as a Pup.. If i had a Brainstorm, An Evo 10 , just hanging on to old memories though.:D . By the way, the Fuel goes Quick,

I bought a new Gilera enduro in 1981 very fond memories of that bike, first model without pedals. I can remember cutting a cone out of the exhaust and fitting a bigger carb from the earlier models, it was then good for 50+ mph instead of the 30 mph restricted speed. Freind had a Garelli Tiger that thing could fly along

Edited by br12stol

I come from further north, so in addition to angry dogs we had snow and ice in the winter. Fix, studded bike tyres. Fond memories indeed, but dont miss the winters very often

thinkin of it I also bought an old Mini 850 with some friends at age 17. rust hole through in several places, but great fun :D and my mum and dad happy about it, as the mini made me leave my mums Fiat 127 alone

and here in LOS, if I would be silly enough to spend 2,5 million on a tiny retro car, I think I would get the new beetle convertible or Fiat 500 soft top

Ahh the old mini...my first and last car when I was living in OZ. It was pretty quick with a 1310cc cooper s engine (a transplant into a clubman), and at 650kg have a great power to weight ratio. 160 km/h was no problem but pretty scary with your bum 3 inches from the ground and lousy brakes! Electrics were rotten also:(

The Mini here is good to look at, I think BM has done a good job on it, costly though.

Still has the looks reminder of the old Mini and how I remember the many that bought one if only for a second car because of the film

' The Italian Job ' with Michael Caine and the great line ' I only wanted to put a hole in the van not blow the fuc_king doors off ' :lol:

It was the Ferrari's being pushed over the cliff for me, I have hated the Mafia ever since.B)

My Mini was a 1960 Morris Mini Minor 850 and was reminded about it because of the thread recently about dashes in centre.

post-87530-0-20896700-1317106121_thumb.j

I turned mine into a look alike Mini Cooper S, great little car, used to fill up with water though.:D

Edited by Kwasaki

The Build Quality is what you would expect, but again i ask myself , does it matter in what is just a Fun Car. Ive been in a Yarris with real Rocaroes +15Hp, and 17 inchers. A Jazz with 150 on tap,i cant say it worth the money over those 2. Ah well, its fun. better than a Chelsea Tractor round Laksi anyway. . You get to a stage where you dont want to say anything here , in case the Preaching Cuckoo pops out his clock with a Cruze Sermon.:D

The Build Quality is what you would expect, but again i ask myself , does it matter in what is just a Fun Car. Ive been in a Yarris with real Rocaroes +15Hp, and 17 inchers. A Jazz with 150 on tap,i cant say it worth the money over those 2. Ah well, its fun. better than a Chelsea Tractor round Laksi anyway. . You get to a stage where you dont want to say anything here , in case the Preaching Cuckoo pops out his clock with a Cruze Sermon.:D

Well l am sure the Cruze design ''will'' now have something from the original mini incorporated into it's design. Lets wait and see, if the Cruze owner can stop masturbating. :D

Well l am sure the Cruze design ''will'' now have something from the original mini incorporated into it's design. Lets wait and see, if the Cruze owner can stop masturbating. :D

Don't forget the thing about the balls.:D

Don't forget the thing about the balls.:D

what balls?

post-81971-0-42657900-1317197876_thumb.j

Amazing how many Mini there are on the roads here, for the price cannot figure it out, so many other options...

BMW 320i. Mazda MX5, Volvo C30, Alfa Romeo, Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo, Volkswagen Scirocco, Volkswagen Golf 2.0 GTi, Mercedes-Benz C200 BlueEFFICIENCY, to be different you could get a Citroen DS3 + a top model Honda City

A Mini is about the last car I would think about buying for that sort of money.

It is very easy to figure it out actually.

There is a guy next to my house who is building the "Mini Cooper" dealer right now (of course it is not called that, it is called something like "Hi-Car Auto" or whatever it is). He says what they do is bring the car in pieces. No tax, and then he assembles them here i nThailand. He says he can sell us a new Cooper starting at under 1 million (between 800k-1mil).

He said it will be mainly Coopers, but that he will do other "exotic" cars the same way.

Haven't you noticed the incredible amount of 5 series BMW's and E class mercerdes around? They are almost as common as Hondas in my daily commute.

You can also get a used one between 1-1.5mil (4-5 years old)

Edited by thaicruze