Trip Down Hua Hin Soi 80

malct

I had a walk down Soi 80 while on Holiday, What a Soi, I got a hair cut, Eat fish n chips and a Few bottles of 45baht Chang and even a beer and a Massage was on Offer which i turned down!!!

Talked to a few expats and they all have stories to tell, I did find the Soi an amazing place to spend a few hours its so out of the way and only found it by chance.

Malc

no the stories were mostly about the women that had broken their hearts and their wallets annoyed.gif but one Guy had been dating the richest lady in hua hin , So he says LOL

as for the stories, I assume you met all the ex MI5, SAS and Paras that hang around there..take most of it with a pinch of salt..:D

I was down there the Saturday before last..got the Tv party dates wrong but had a pub crawl there non the less..Went in one bar and the English guy who owned it told me how he had split with his missus and how he was ambushed outside his house by a thai guy who wacked him across the face from behind with a lump of wood and he nearly bled to death from the nose injury..nose was a mess...very quiet compared to up town but was quiet everywhere anyhow apart from just a few places..Someone got murdered there last week als which I saw on the thai CCTV..a property developer thai woman...he didn't miss her if you happen to see the 18 second video of the 'hit'...Chilling!!!

I think Lovely Bar has 3 beers all day for the price of 2, which means 3 beer chang for 100 baht! cracking...The bar next to pips bar seems to have changed it's name to Harley bar - or was it always called Harley bar...?

The fish and chip place is victoria 2 - I know Barry, in fact I had a great English breakfast in there today, only 160 baht.

Somebody mentioned that a German guy recently died in Soi 80, but i couldn't find out whether they meant it was an accident or anything more. When I read "trip down soi 80" I thought this post might be related as the Thai lady in Victoria said the guy fell over...but couldn't get any more details than that.

Anyway Soi 80 is a nice alternative to bintabaht, just quiet at the moment, like everywhere else

Edited by bankroll

Harley bar was closed when i was down their on Sunday night but a few Bikers was in the Bar before you get to the Harley bar with all their leathers and the sounds of the bikes was deafening. I watched the F1 Race in the bar that sells Fish n Chips. The Guy was telling me that he lived 20 miles from me in Whitehaven where he had a bar.

Malc

The Whitehouse seemed to be the best of a fairly average lot but like you said a change ia as good as a holiday sometimes..the sports bar has beers at 55 baht till 7p.m every night!

I think Lovely Bar has 3 beers all day for the price of 2, which means 3 beer chang for 100 baht! cracking...The bar next to pips bar seems to have changed it's name to Harley bar - or was it always called Harley bar...?

The fish and chip place is victoria 2 - I know Barry, in fact I had a great English breakfast in there today, only 160 baht.

Somebody mentioned that a German guy recently died in Soi 80, but i couldn't find out whether they meant it was an accident or anything more. When I read "trip down soi 80" I thought this post might be related as the Thai lady in Victoria said the guy fell over...but couldn't get any more details than that.

Anyway Soi 80 is a nice alternative to bintabaht, just quiet at the moment, like everywhere else

Yes i heard the same story,apparently an elderly gent aged 80,slipped over on wet floor and hit his head,i think he may have been staying in a room close to Sports lounge bar.Dam slippery Thai tiles claim another.

The Sports Lounge bar is great,John is the new owner great guy mixes with the punters,also just up a little from this bar is the white bar,cheap beer 24hrs,Singha 50 bht. I like this Soy as it is away from all the chaos down Bintabaht.

I tend to steer away from the Chang,my god only have to have 2 small ones,and big headache? not sure what is in it,but it does not like me.

no the stories were mostly about the women that had broken their hearts and their wallets annoyed.gif but one Guy had been dating the richest lady in hua hin , So he says LOL

as for the stories, I assume you met all the ex MI5, SAS and Paras that hang around there..take most of it with a pinch of salt..:D

They must all be lying as they are all here on Samui in Bangrak. biggrin.gif

Just out of curiosity is Bob's bar, Easyriders still going ? Used to be the club house for the Headstone riders ? Had a few good nights down there a while back. I keep meaning to have a ride up and see a few of the old faces if they are still there.