Average Price Of Beef And Pork At The Market

james24

I normally get takeaways but have started cooking for myself more. Just got back from the market and for 100g of beef ( noong keed) it cost me 18bt. Yes it is cheap compared to back home but is that the normal rate here?

Also is pork more expensive than beef?

I think pork is 140 baht/kg and beef is 120 baht or about the same as pork

Ah right ok, She did actually say for 1k it was 90 baht so guess it gets cheaper the more you buy.

Quite chuffed actually as just started new diet which I thought was gonna cost a fortune.

Pork , while it has been getting more expensive is not yet more expensive than beef.

At Muang Mai Mkt

Beef 160 b/p/k

Pork 135 b/p/k

Gonzo

....Tomorrow may be different..... up not down

Of course it depends on what part of the animal you want to buy.

Please remember that fresh market beef is normally cows that have stopped calving after 7-9 years and are sold as scrap. There will be no quality pen fed beef found in the Thai fresh markers. For the average Thai, beef is beef be it an old cow or buffalo and it is cut in small pieces and cooked where it is chewable for them.

Please remember that fresh market beef is normally cows that have stopped calving after 7-9 years and are sold as scrap. There will be no quality pen fed beef found in the Thai fresh markers. For the average Thai, beef is beef be it an old cow or buffalo and it is cut in small pieces and cooked where it is chewable for them.

• 2 weeks later...