More Praise For Bangkok Bank

I know it's always a controversial item, and there's another thread complaining about Bangkok Bank.

But I've had yet another super positive experience with them. Had one a while back, and posted praise for their work, and here goes again.

I have automatic debit for my utility accounts, which covers any eventuality while I'm out of the country. But checking online, I suddenly discovered a debit that I had no idea what it was for. Unauthorized? True, it was a very small and almost insignificant amount, but I like details.

After getting the usual "can't do anything by email, you'll have to phone us" answer - great breaking through a language barrier and 13 time zones! - I made contact through TV and Bangkok Bank people.

Once again, they've come through for me. Investigated, discovered just what was going on, and kept me informed.

Once again, kudos from me to the staff at Bangkok Bank jap.gif

I had a problem with the ATM before, I wanted 20,000 out of the bank, so I went to the ATM near my office, did everything correctly, but then the machine came up blank, so I thought okay will get later. On going to another ATM I discovered that the 20,000baht had been debited but no money had been given to me at the first machine.

My wife phoned the bank, the bank said they would check it for me, I think I waited no more than 2 days and the money was credited back into my account.

Always had good service.

I used to Bank with TMB, trying to find an ATM in those days was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but now it seems they have got their act together.

It has always been good for me......except they will not give me more money than I have. :rolleyes:

You have to give them credit for that.

No...they have to give me credit :ermm:

Exactly . On saying that though if less banks had'nt given credit we would'nt be in the state we are now nothing personal of course as a matter of fact i am thinking of going with them my self.

Possibly the renewal fee of your ATM card?

There is a fee ??

Does that mean a new card ?....did not get a new card.

I posted a link above to the Bangkok Bank fees page. ATM card and Be1st card have annual renewal fees (automatic) of 200 Baht. Not a new card but annual maintenance fee of your existing card.