Learning Thai With Bad English, Is It Possible?

away

hi,

I'm just just another frenchy who didn't learned english at school, i didn't spoke english 2 years ago when i arrived in Thaïland.

Now i'd like to learn Thaï language in Chiang maï and get 1year ED visa but i don't know if i should improve my english first.

i've seen some schools offers 2years ed visa for study english, imo i should start there but after these 2 years could i get another 3 years ed visa for learning Thaï?

My first wish is to speak Thaï

I am afraid that after these two years I can not get new ed visas for learning thai

Anybody knows?

thx

You don't need to know a word of English to learn Thai.

I studied with a mixed group of Japanese, Korean and Chinese students for 10 months (I was the only Westerner). Most of them speak no or little English, and the teachers spoke none. All tuition was done in Thai only.

The only issue for non-English speakers was that the course book vocabulary sections provided translations for new words only in English. However, this was usually not a problem since words could be understood from context. It might be helpful in your case, though, to have a small English-French dictionary at hand.