Closest Thai Ambassy Abroad / Fastest Visa Run from Koh Samui

Hi,

Soon, I will have papers from Ministry of Education in order to do the Education Visa.

With that paper, I need to go to any Thai Embassy/Consultate abroad.

Which one is the closest / quicker to go (by boat/bus)?

I've heard of Victoria Point in Malaysia.

Thanks !

PS : only by boat/bus please, no plane

Victoria Point is in Myanmar not Malaysia. Fairly certain there is no Thai Consulate there. Most people go there for a border run.

AFAIK the closest Consulate to Samui by bus is Kota Bharu (Malaysia). Penang is also possible. Best to check that they will issue Ed Visa before travelling.

How about for a Non-O ?

Based on what.

KL is only one near issuing multiple non-O based on marriage if you can show 100.000 baht in bank.

I have just (yesterday) got a multiple non O based on marriage from Hull (UK)

There was no request for proof of income or of any money in a any bank account.

They did however require certified copy of translation of marriage certificate, copy of wife's passport (if she has one) and copy of her ID card.

cost £100.

Problem being that the Op wants a Consulate within reach by bus/ferry from Koh Samui. ^^^^^^^

I understood that.

My point was that even if KL want to see 100,000 baht in the bank, which Hull did not, if he goes without a certified copy of the marriage certificate AND a copy of her ID card (and passport if his wife has one) he may find himself having a wasted journey. I was told by Hull that these are only recently (one week)added requirements which others may not know about

Just trying to help.

Edited by yorkie100

Fastest is flying Samui - Phuket - Phuket - Penang.

Cheapest is ferry / bus to Surat then bus to Hat Yai then mini bus to Peneng. Overnight in Penang and bus back next afternoon to Hat Yai. Late bus to Donsak and first ferry back to Samui next morning. Getting a TV or O is fine as long as you are prepared to pay but if you have the paperwork for an ED Visa then it is just 2,200 baht

Fastest is flying Samui - Phuket - Phuket - Penang.

Cheapest is ferry / bus to Surat then bus to Hat Yai then mini bus to Peneng. Overnight in Penang and bus back next afternoon to Hat Yai. Late bus to Donsak and first ferry back to Samui next morning. Getting a TV or O is fine as long as you are prepared to pay but if you have the paperwork for an ED Visa then it is just 2,200 baht

Fastest is flying Samui-KL (Subang) with Firefly.

Return ticket one month from now is 6880 baht.

Victoria Point is in Myanmar not Malaysia. Fairly certain there is no Thai Consulate there. Most people go there for a border run.

AFAIK the closest Consulate to Samui by bus is Kota Bharu (Malaysia). Penang is also possible. Best to check that they will issue Ed Visa before travelling.

Here's the link for Thai embassy in Myanmar:

http://www.mfa.go.th...epcode=23300100

but OP said no planes for travel so this won't help. Penang would be a good option but as another member said, check first for Ed visa before traveling.

Edited by elgato

I think that is the worst advise. i am not sure there is an embassy in Myanmar. Penang for some reason a while back just stopped give out visas.

If you want to go by bus the KL> i think you can get 1 in Loas aswel my mate done it there but a long bus.

u might have to bite the bullet and fly.

bus to bangkok 1 night in hotel 500 baht nasa vagus. sky train to air port next morning air asia to Hong kon or KL or anywhere.

1 thing for sure it is not going to be cheap. i would not try to save on taking short cuts to places where they ARE NOT HANDING THEM OUT OR U MIGHT HAVE TO DO WHAT MY MATE DONE AND THAT WAS GET A NIGHT TRAIN FROM PENAG TO Kula lumpa.

u might be able to obtain one in Kotabaru island in malyasia. that might be your best option. should find out from visa run companys. herberts or easy way.

or just go on the Visa run crash forum. i am sure everyone on there has changed there visa run status