Non O Or Business In Savannakhet

Hi all, I have just tried to extend my Non O visa in Amnatcharoen to tie in with my work permit. They told me that I cannot get an extension of the non O for work. I believe this is incorrect but they would not move on it. I now have a couple of choices (by the way I am in Kaset Wisai in Roiet province)

1/ Go to Khon Kaen, to try for an extension there (does anybody have experience of extending their non O for working there?).

2/ Go to Savannakhet to get a new Non O. Does anybody know if they are still issuing non O visas without proof of income or funds in the bank?

3/ Go to Savannakhet to get a Non B visa.Or can I change to a Non B by not leaving the country?

I would like to stay on the Non O as I feel more secure with it, hence me looking more at options 1 and 2. I am teaching here and have my work permit contract etc, and am married to a Thai national and have 2 children by her.

Any information on the 3 subjects would be gratefully accepted as I will need to do this sooner rather than later.

Cheers

a Non Immigrant B for work now, not an O.

Same boat, I do not want to change to B (am on O), no security at all, 7days after job is gone, seems ridiculous. Mine is due for renewal in November, and my company have said I have to change, but wait and see.

You must use that office for extension of stay as they serve your province.

Can you qualify for Thai Wife extension of stay (400k in bank 2 months or 40k per month income)? If have the 400k but not two months you could obtain 60 day extension on basis of visiting wife to provide time.

Believe Savannakhet will approve 1 year multi entry non immigrant O visa if that is what you decide - take both marriage and work proof with you.

The security is the extension of stay - for marriage continues (if work ends) - if for work it ends. Nothing to do with original visa entry being B or O.

But if married you can always get 60 days rather than 7 days extension of stay.

True, but I have to change to a Non Immigrant B, this will cost me money, then if I lose my job then again I have to pay for an extension back to a non Immigrant O. If I could stay on my Non Immigrant O (married to Thai), then no extra costs are incurred by me.

Edited by beano2274

You must use that office for extension of stay as they serve your province.

Can you qualify for Thai Wife extension of stay (400k in bank 2 months or 40k per month income)? If have the 400k but not two months you could obtain 60 day extension on basis of visiting wife to provide time.

Believe Savannakhet will approve 1 year multi entry non immigrant O visa if that is what you decide - take both marriage and work proof with you.

Do you mean that I cannot use Khon Kaen for the extension? The co-ordinator seems to think I could do it there instead of Amnatcharoen. Also do you know if I need the proof of funds for the Savannakhet office (Non O) as I don't have the funds in Thailand as I was expecting the extension

You are required to use Amnatcharoen if in Roi Et province.

Extending on basis of work would not provide any additional security - only if you meet and use Thai Wife extension of stay would it not end at the end of employment - original visa does not matter.

We have had reports that no financials were required recently at Savannakhet so if you take the normal wife ID card/home register and her request for visa to be issued believe you may get. I would also take work permit as reserve paperwork as that might help if they in doubt.

Extending on basis of work would not provide any additional security - only if you meet and use Thai Wife extension of stay would it not end at the end of employment - original visa does not matter.

We have had reports that no financials were required recently at Savannakhet so if you take the normal wife ID card/home register and her request for visa to be issued believe you may get. I would also take work permit as reserve paperwork as that might help if they in doubt.

The problem being that nowadays some Labour offices will not issue WPs against a Non Immigrant O Visa or Extension based on Thai wife, they want you to change to a Non Immigrant B Visa only. This is why I said it is ridiculous, as I change to B extension costing me money, lets say after 3 months I lose my job, now I have to pay for another extension based on marriage.

The problem being that nowadays some Labour offices will not issue WPs against a Non Immigrant O Visa or Extension based on Thai wife, they want you to change to a Non Immigrant B Visa only. This is why I said it is ridiculous, as I change to B extension costing me money, lets say after 3 months I lose my job, now I have to pay for another extension based on marriage.

Sorry to veer this a little off course, but it sounds as if you could give me some advice.

I am currently on a non imm - b visa with work permit. Job and visa end at end of year. Married to a Thai in US. currently registering marriage in Thailand. How do I go about extending to a non 0 visa based on marriage?

I have read things on this site and others and am a little confused.

Thanks.

Are you on a 90 day visa entry or an extension of stay from immigration?

Extension for marriage will require you get your marriage paperwork translated/signed by Embassy/registered with MFA and listed in a District Office register and a copy of that obtained. You will need 400k in bank account in your name 2 months or proof of 40k per month income. Other than that the normal copies of everything that any such extension required.

Are you on a 90 day visa entry or an extension of stay from immigration?

Extension for marriage will require you get your marriage paperwork translated/signed by Embassy/registered with MFA and listed in a District Office register and a copy of that obtained. You will need 400k in bank account in your name 2 months or proof of 40k per month income. Other than that the normal copies of everything that any such extension required.

I am on a 2 years non imm - B visa that expires on Dec 31. My job expires on Dec 28.

Would I need to leave the country and try to get a 90 day visa entry or can I extend my current visa based on marriage. It seems that it would have to be converted to an O visa. I don't know how or if it can be done.

I have never had to do the visa shuffle for long term stays as it was always handled by the company. I am basically clueless as to how to stay here without working.

Thanks

Actually I believe you must be on a one year extension of stay for employment and that will end the day your employment ends. If BOI you may get a short period to leave but if not you must request an extension of stay from immigration (normally 7 days but with wife and proof of marriage you could get 60 days without financial proof). So if you can show bank account in your name only at 400k or higher for two months you can extend your stay on basis of Thai wife for one year (much like you have had for business and without any need to change original visa entry) but if not you must exit Thailand and obtain non immigrant O visa for 90 day stay(s). If you have 100k in bank account KL will provide multi entry valid for one year and Savannakhet may provide even without - but most Consulates will only issue single entry.

Actually I believe you must be on a one year extension of stay for employment and that will end the day your employment ends. If BOI you may get a short period to leave but if not you must request an extension of stay from immigration (normally 7 days but with wife and proof of marriage you could get 60 days without financial proof). So if you can show bank account in your name only at 400k or higher for two months you can extend your stay on basis of Thai wife for one year (much like you have had for business and without any need to change original visa entry) but if not you must exit Thailand and obtain non immigrant O visa for 90 day stay(s). If you have 100k in bank account KL will provide multi entry valid for one year and Savannakhet may provide even without - but most Consulates will only issue single entry.

If I am understanding you correctly, I can request an extension of 60 days with a marriage certificate and no financial proof, and at the end of 60 days I can show a bank account with 400,00 baht or more for two months and get an extension for a year. All without having to leave the country and using my current visa. Is my understanding correct?

Don't forget the wife - she will also have to attend. But yes you should be able to do that. There is paperwork involved so best to apply at least a week or two early for the one year extension as Bank letter as well as passbook will be required and likely photos together and such.

Don't forget the wife - she will also have to attend. But yes you should be able to do that. There is paperwork involved so best to apply at least a week or two early for the one year extension as Bank letter as well as passbook will be required and likely photos together and such.

Thank you for your advice. It has been most helpful.

Can this be done at the one stop visa center or at the Changwattaa office?

I will get a substantial payout upon job termination, but it won't be until the end of December. That should give me time a couple months before I need to extend. I am also getting proof of income from my rental property in the US. Would this be sufficient proof of income in lieu of 400IK Baht?

I am a little bit worried that requesting an extention based on marriage initially without financial proof, would be rejected. Do you know if they are fairly lienient on this or not?

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be the most helpful resource I can find.

Thanks again

Thank you for your advice. It has been most helpful.

Can this be done at the one stop visa center or at the Changwattaa office?

I will get a substantial payout upon job termination, but it won't be until the end of December. That should give me time a couple months before I need to extend. I am also getting proof of income from my rental property in the US. Would this be sufficient proof of income in lieu of 400IK Baht?

I am a little bit worried that requesting an extention based on marriage initially without financial proof, would be rejected. Do you know if they are fairly lienient on this or not?

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be the most helpful resource I can find.

Thanks again

One stop is for BOI, since you are no longer employed you have to visit the Chaengwattana office only

Application for 60 days does not require financials. Application for one year will require and that money be in account 2 months. If you can support the 40k figure with just your US income suspect that would be adequate (but do not believe you could add local payout as that is not income for the next year and proof requirements would be different).