Recommendations For Lawyer For Marriage - Chiang Mai

mja1906

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer/ law firm in Chiang Mai to deal with Foreign-Thai marriages, prenups and all the other legal stuff that should be in place for arranging such a marriage?

Do the ones that sponsor this site have offices in CM? is there any kind of a 'walk-in' service? Any other recommendations or ways to find a good lawyer would be much appreciated, as I have no idea where to start! Thanks,

A pre-nup in Thailand is very straightforward but must be given to the government office at the same time that the marriage is registered.It needs to be in Thai of course so you need a translation. I would recommend Kuhn Theera Daradad who is a great guy and speaks good English. I'll IM his mobile phone to you

I had a post nup agreement done before divorce. Both the Chiang Mai lawyers representing me and the ex were pretty much useless in hindsight.

Now that there are issues 6 years later I had the contract vetted by a lawyer in Bangkok and he pointed out some serious flaws/omissions.

My advice is try to find an online example/s that suit your needs and in the context of Thai law try to put together a pre-nup that covers everything you can think of.

You need a good one but expect issues with the missus if she understands what's going on!