4266400 Subscription (Ais 1 2 Call)

4evermaat

I've gotten the following message from 426-6400: "Your subscription will be active until 10 Oct. " It does not say what type of subscription it is.

I got something similar last week but I think i got busy and ignored it.. I have no subscriptions that I have signed up for recently with AIS. I see someone else in thailand had a similar problem: http://www.pantip.co.../T11064540.html

I thought maybe this was just a prank. But I called AIS customer service and I see that in fact it was real. Like 40 baht/week. The lady explained in Tinglish that some company was advertising to my phone. Then they charge you every week. She confirmed that I did not have to initiate sign up for or confirm the subscription. I did not have to....the advertising company can do this on their own. [:blink::annoyed:]

Of course she put in request to cancel service and I'm unsure of refund status, but it will take 48 hours to hear of final reply via SMS. She did say that it would also block the phone from any further advertisements.

Can any company just do this randomly? I've had my phone for over a year and never had this problem.

Edited by 4evermaat

There are many ways this can happen. Many things you see to send an sms to a special number activates a subscription that they debit from your phone or add a charge to a postpaid account every week or month. Usually these are ads with scantily clad girls or guys and they says download this free photo and the fine print says you are joining their club with a weekly debit to your phone bill. Be careful of that stuff and don't send sms to things like that and you should be ok.

Edit: I just checked out that number and it belongs to Facebook Thailand. If you gave them your mobile number and agreed for them to give you status updates to your phone via sms, you agreed to the weekly charge. Login to Facebook and turn off the sms notification service. It is not a free service.

Edited by jackbox

Edit: I just checked out that number and it belongs to Facebook Thailand. If you gave them your mobile number and agreed for them to give you status updates to your phone via sms, you agreed to the weekly charge. Login to Facebook and turn off the sms notification service. It is not a free service.

i will do, although if it does belong to facebook, I know they said that SMS they send are free. If it was a paid subscription service, shame on facebook for not mentioning it. And double-shame for not identifying themselves as facebook.

edit: from facebook website:

You have 1 registered phone, but none are activated for text messaging.

I don't have any mobile services activated. only registered it to do some things that required additional checks to make sure I was a real person.

Edited by 4evermaat