Flushing Toilet

Scoop1

Hi, all, i would like some help on information on a flushing toilet in Non Udon, Nong Bua Lam Phu, what sort of system is used there? septic, sewer, or can? and how much to install a flushing system? any help from expats living in this area would be great.

Thank you

The flush has everything to do with the type of toilet and nothing to do with the system. You'll have to research what system the current area is using. Hotels in cities often have their own contained system draining into large tanks, and from there into a municipal drainage outlet. Private homes might drain into septic systems or into established municipal sewer outlets. Rural outlets are often just holes in the ground with pipes leading down grade into rivers or streams. When the water table rises there is no flushing at all. That is a major problem in floods.

Thank you, i dont know what system is used in this area and the gf does not understand me when i asked, but at the moment it seems like all she has is a can. so i wonder what the cheapest "way out" [ pardon the pun ] i hope they have some sort of septic system, maybe i will get a reply from someone who lives in that area

scoop1

Good luck with finding out. However, in an emergecy you can always find a Port-Potti somewhere. It uses chemicals to break down the feces, but you have to find a disposal area when the potti is full.

And, believe it or not, a simple can full of wood chips does a pretty good job of killing smell and drying feces. I saw a hippy compound in Canada where that was their soul source of disposal. It worked quite well. Of course they DID have to find some place later to dispose of the chips.

I live in the countryside 18km outside of Udon. Most all the homes in the villages have a triple-cement-ring system to catch the waste from toilets. When the rings fill up, a blue vacuum truck comes and sucks everything out.

In most newer homes in the city and increasingly in the villages, people are using the black plastic septic tanks. But that's only been in the past few years.

In all likelihood, you've got a cement-ring system.

The vacuum folks charge about 200 baht per system of rings. You can find the blue trucks most everywhere....even in downtown Udon.

I live in the countryside 18km outside of Udon. Most all the homes in the villages have a triple-cement-ring system to catch the waste from toilets. When the rings fill up, a blue vacuum truck comes and sucks everything out.

In most newer homes in the city and increasingly in the villages, people are using the black plastic septic tanks. But that's only been in the past few years.

In all likelihood, you've got a cement-ring system.

The vacuum folks charge about 200 baht per system of rings. You can find the blue trucks most everywhere....even in downtown Udon.

Thanks for that info, my gf tells me she has a can, so i guess i will check out the system you mentioned, would you know the cost of setting up this system? she lives in non udon, about 10klm from ban khok

cheers

scoop1