Lobster, Mashed Potatoes, Spinach And A Bottle Of Good Champagne?

Thats a great tip! Do you know what nationality Norbert is?

Norbert A. Kostner has been actively involved with The Oriental Bangkok for 20 years as Executive Chef. The quality of the cuisine has garnered the hotel a reputation of culinary genius over the years, and through his commitment to high standards he was successful in cementing the perception of the venue as an iconic benchmark in the international hotel industry.

Of Italian descent Chef Norbert Kostner is fluent in English, German, French and Thai. Following his education in Italy, and in depth work experience in renowned hotels in Switzerland, he continued his career in Asia establishing himself as a pivotal figure in Thailand, frequently demonstrating his knowledge on Thai television shows that concentrate on gastronomy and cooking.

Chef Norbert has received recognition from the international community for outstanding commitment in his field, and was appointed as Advisor to the agricultural Royal Projects in Chiang Mai, Thailand. He was recently awarded the decree of Royal Decoration.

I can see lobster and champagne on the same menu...but mashed potato and spinach?...hmmm, let us count the ways...

spinach is quite adaptable, I've done a vegetarian spinach lasagne quite a few times adding fresh spinach to the sauce rather than meat that was a success...also mashed potato into which you can include just about anything, root vegetables mostly but I could see how nice fresh chopped spinach may be able to influence the flavor of a simple mash...

chef gerd, your guidance please...

mind, the local thai spinach ain't nothing like the european variety, tough and flavorless...I was able to get the real stuff in Vietnam grown locally, surprisingly...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I'm cooking lobster pieces in a linguine with spinach and pink champagne sauce.....yum! biggrin.gif

Bin the potatoes mate! No wait..add some other fish and make a mashed potato topped luxury seafood pie....with the champagne sauce of course.

So many options...

Edited by smokie36

I'm cooking lobster pieces in a linguine with spinach and pink champagne sauce.....yum! biggrin.gif

Bin the potatoes mate! No wait..add some other fish and make a mashed potato topped luxury seafood pie....with the champagne sauce of course.

So many options...

yeah...I thought about a pie as well with mash on top...but we're talkin' high class here and did not want to diverge with a profane, british working class innuendo...<_<

might as well throw in some mince with chips on the side...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

So many options...

yeah...I thought about a pie as well with mash on top...but we're talkin' high class here and did not want to diverge with a profane, british working class innuendo...<_<

might as well throw in some mince with chips on the side...

I know but them's the OP's desired ingredients. How about a breakfast dish....a kedgeree served up with a glass or two of buck's fizz?

a breakfast dish?...get outta here, how can you be romantic with your dining partner when the deed is already done? ('*burp* pass the salt...' and she stares and sez: ' I can't believe that you've been deceiving me all this time...')

I now believe that the OP was referring to a nice spinach souffle with creamed potatoes to accompany the lobster and champagne which seems reasonable...a clarification is in order from the OP...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

a breakfast dish?...get outta here, how can you be romantic with your dining partner when the deed is already done? (*burp*, pass the salt...)

I now believe that the OP was referring to a nice spinach souffle with creamed potatoes to accompany the lobster and champagne which seems reasonable...a clarification is in order from the OP...

I thought he was booking into the Oriental.....breakfast in bed...nothing to do all day........

a breakfast dish?...get outta here, how can you be romantic with your dining partner when the deed is already done? (*burp*, pass the salt...)

I thought he was booking into the Oriental.....breakfast in bed...nothing to do all day........

get outta here, he's got a handful...

'*burp* pass the salt...' and she stares and sez: ' I can't believe that you've been deceiving me all this time...'

he stands up from the hotel breakfast cart, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and wrenches her to her feet...

her hotel complimentary bath robe falls open to reveal her naked perfectly proportioned limbs and her high proud breasts that he gazes upon, impassively...

there is a hint of the previous night's lobster thermidor as her face goes slack with desire...

later, while sharing a post-coital cigarette: 'Nana Plaza burgers tonight, sweetheart?'...'nah, but could go for a plate of Sunrise tacos...with that nice salsa cruda...'

Thats a great tip! Do you know what nationality Norbert is?

Norbert A. Kostner has been actively involved with The Oriental Bangkok for 20 years as Executive Chef. The quality of the cuisine has garnered the hotel a reputation of culinary genius over the years, and through his commitment to high standards he was successful in cementing the perception of the venue as an iconic benchmark in the international hotel industry.

Of Italian descent Chef Norbert Kostner is fluent in English, German, French and Thai. Following his education in Italy, and in depth work experience in renowned hotels in Switzerland, he continued his career in Asia establishing himself as a pivotal figure in Thailand, frequently demonstrating his knowledge on Thai television shows that concentrate on gastronomy and cooking.

Chef Norbert has received recognition from the international community for outstanding commitment in his field, and was appointed as Advisor to the agricultural Royal Projects in Chiang Mai, Thailand. He was recently awarded the decree of Royal Decoration.

sounds like you read that from a book and copied it on here, nice write up.

can anyone honestly say champagne is worth the money,i used to work in a 5star establishment and seen many famous people drink the stuff and then get rat arsed on drambuie ect.is it just a look at me drinking champs :unsure: .

There is a restaurant on Asoke Soi 3 named "Rossano". He has almost all the time life lobsters in a tank and can prepare them any style you like.

No problem for mashed potato and spinach.

He also has Champagne, as well as other sparkling wines (Prosecco).

Prices there are very reasonable, especially when compared to restaurant in some 5star hotels (Oriental etc).

But you might want to consider another wine with the lobster. How about a good Italian like a Roero Arneis?

can anyone honestly say champagne is worth the money,i used to work in a 5star establishment and seen many famous people drink the stuff and then get rat arsed on drambuie ect.is it just a look at me drinking champs :unsure: .

I saw your post a few days ago and having given it some thought I can't think of a better substance to lick from another's navel.