German Shephard

mobile69

I think theirs a German guy in pattaya breeding them.

Long way,but they will be German Shepherds.

Ya dont see many purebreads in Thailand.

Anyone know where there might be one in CM area?  I've tried the pet market near Airport plaza, but none there.

Doesn't have to ba a pure pedigree. (Actually, probably don't want a purebreed, guess expensive) Our male isn't but he's as good as, especially looking the part to anyone uninvited considering entering our garden, house...

We're about to start building on a large plot of land, so seems a good time to find him a young wife. :o

:o

breed predilection for disease

-dematitis (and common found Malassezia dermatitis / pryotrumatic dermatitis

-hip displasia

-seborrhea

-etc ..

(but just dont worry about it..atleast you know before what you might find in Alsatian , so you can prevent )

ps .. about rickettsia Ehrlichia canis (E. canis), - tick fever ..it's Severe Acute disease in this breed and pretty harmful

In Chiangrai, there is a breeder north of town near Ratchabat u that has a good male named "Jack". Don't know pricing. Would never have a long hair in Thailand, especially a german shepard. Why not go for a St. Bernard and really watch them pant in he hot season :D Neighbor had them and they died early :D Stick with Thai dogs if you can keep them from eating the shoes, if not, give them away for a the poor people's next dinner :o

German shepherds are marvellous dogs and they do well in Thailand. Heat is a problem, of course, so the dog should be kept in a cool place (possibly inside the house or a cool shady place) during the hot hours of the day. Our GSD loved to lick ice and wallow in puddles for cooling. Not so great for the designer sofa.

Hip displasia should not be a problem for a purebred GSD with a pedigree, since the affinity for hip displasia is bred out of the race. Dermatitis is also not a problem if a basic hygiene regimen is followed, and it is fairly easy to treat.

I can't emphasize the importance of a properly bred GSD enough. Unfortunately, there are lots of puppy mills in Thailand with very poor breeding standards. Bangkok and Pattaya has a number of breeders. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend any, because I don't know them well. The kennel club of Thailand might have some recommendations. There are also people who breed GSDs privately without making it a business. Just check the Thai doggie magazines.

A word of warning: German shepherds need lots of attention and play. Although they make excellent watch dogs, they are unhappy if you don't work with them. If you just need a watchdog that lies in the grass and watches the house, another breed may be better.

Cheers, X-Pat

Edited by x-pat

Anyone know where there might be one in CM area?  I've tried the pet market near Airport plaza, but none there.

Well..,it might help.

Tel:010814644(Toon)

It is the phone number and name of local breeder who also knows many other breeders.

My wife asked him price of female pups, he says around 3500-4500Baht.

ps: I personally a dog breeder ( I have " boxer, shitzu, chihuahuah, spaniels, poodle etc but not german shepherd this time) if anyone interested in adopting one, PM me. :o

Oops! forgot.

If you can't speak Thai, forget it or ask your Thai gf or wife if you have one. :o

Thanks for the info Jumbo chilli, the wifey can give him a call.

My wife says that Central Shopping Complex there are several places there. She also knows a few people that breeds them and when she gets back will get me their phone numbers.

i sure like the German Shepard too because his allround good caracter and intelligence ,

about the heat problem : last summers in europe can be very hot also

allthough the Belgian Shepard (shorthaired mechelaar ) is my number one , i trained with them some years in ring sport ( obedeince , jumping , guard and attack) and they are just fantastic , had one for 9 years

i agree just as for the German , keep on working , playing with the dog , they love it

world famous for use as police dogs and sure can resist better the heat

for family dog they are also perfect but watch out for strangers

probably i look for myself , next year for a puppy

has anybody experience with bringing a puppy from europe ?

• 2 weeks later...
Oops! forgot.

If you can't speak Thai, forget it or ask your Thai gf or wife if you have one. :o

Tried to call a couple of times - very bad line, & wife convinced she was speaking to someone down south. Was the number correct?

Tywais, did you got those numbers from your wife? Much appreciated if you could.

Oops! forgot.

Tried to call a couple of times - very bad line, & wife convinced she was speaking to someone down south. Was the number correct?

Tywais, did you got those numbers from your wife? Much appreciated if you could.

I'm so sorry I miss-typed the phone number. :D

Here goes correct one:

016814644 ( toon )

This time I checked the number more than once(?) and am quite (?) sure of it. :D

J.C