Where To Apply For A Multi-Entry Ed Visa

You can apply at any Thai Embassy/Consulate. However, you can only apply with documents provided by a school licensed to teach a particular course, i.e. Thai and other languages. So you must first enrol at such a school.

Edited by bapak

You can apply at any Thai Embassy/Consulate. However, you can only apply with documents provided by a school licensed to teach a particular course, i.e. Thai and other languages. So you must first enrol at such a school.

Should qualify my response.. You asked about Multi-Entry. Most consulates will only issue a Single Entry Ed Visa. Multi-Entry will require you to leave Thailand every 90 days. With the Single Entry, if you want to leave for a short period, you obtain a Re-Entry Permit.

Hey thanks,

Thats the reason I asked for multi-entry from countries close to thailand.

UK, States and Australia are no problem for getting multi-entry ED visas (based on the consulate websites), however I don't really want to have to travel to any of those places if posible, would quite like to find somewhere in asia.

... or maybe im reading the sites wrong?

Edited by JosephMcCann

Should qualify my response.. You asked about Multi-Entry. Most consulates will only issue a Single Entry Ed Visa. Multi-Entry will require you to leave Thailand every 90 days. With the Single Entry, if you want to leave for a short period, you obtain a Re-Entry Permit.

A single entry only allows one stay of 90 days and a re-entry permit does not extend that time. Suspect you are thinking of extensions of stay and not all schooling will allow that option.

An Ed visa can be single or multiple, but in the region you will probably only get a single. With a single you would indeed need a re-entry permit if you wan tto leave for a weekend or so. Cost is 1,000 baht per re-entry permit. A multiple is 3,800 baht but only valid for your current permission to stay, in your case that would probably be for 90 days at a time.