Local Prices For Farang-Type Automatic Scooters

CMX

I'd been touring dealers in search of accessories and report the following just in case it might be of interest (that Thailand Motorsickle list has not been revised in 19 months, I

think, and I've noticed prices skating up somewhat.

I had written earlier that Yamaha's Elegance 135, if I ordered alloy wheels, now came with tubeless tires. The price here today is 60,700 baht, with spokes 3K less.

(You must really see the colors - four choices in a similar pattern.)

Meanwhile, Honda's PCX is in sufficient supply that they are asking 73,900 now.

My Hayate Fi this year ran 53,500 with spokes but can only be equipped from the factory with tires with tubes.

Often, one can negotiate 1,000 baht off for cash, and all do include registration (plate), green book, and basic insurance only (PCX only basic as well nowadays).

What the heck is a "farang-type" scooter? :blink:

You may well ask. I had supposed it might refer to bikes that have larger frames than the Fino, Scoopy, and Jelato types, farangs mostly having bigger frames ourselves. Certainly, though, I see a lot of Thais on PCX models here in town (but hardly ever Elegance 135's).

Anyway, clarification was in the sub-title, I'd hoped, where I named exactly those bikes I meant (not maxi-scoots).

It's just a simple price report. Lately here Yamaha's have gone up 2K and Honda PCX has come down.

PS Since you love 'em so, let me add that a 'CBR' 250R is "down" to 115K here, and ABS comes in at 128K! Cheap as chips! Ride with the proles!

What the heck is a "farang-type" scooter? :blink:

Able to carry 100Kg farang ;)

If you are 220 lbs, and not fat more power to you.

However,

Why not just say a "fatty", as that's what a 100kg person is.offtopic2.gif

Local Prices - Automatic Scooters for Fat People

Local Prices for Larger Auto-Scooters? <better title

Frankly, I threw out the word "Farang" because I see PCX and Elegance - even Hayate - models discussed here more often than the aforementioned 'smaller' scooters, plus due to all the aspects mentioned by Kata.

Point is to do with price variations between them just now.

As for the skeletal issue, if you the least bit tall, sit on a Fiore and then one of the three in the report.

Local Prices for Larger Auto-Scooters? <better title

As for the skeletal issue, if you the least bit tall, sit on a Fiore and then one of the three in the report.

i sat on a fino once and tried to turn the handlebar when it connected with my knee , some scooters are definately more "farang" suitable than others :rolleyes:

youo dont have these kind of problems on an elegance or a pcx

never tried the new suzuki hayate but the old one my friends wife drives feels a bit smaller than an elegance (smaller wheels also )but its near 4 years old and has fuel injection

While we're on the topic of XXL scooters - our Vespa LX150 is definitely bigger than any of those mentioned. You don't see that in the pictures but it's bigger than a Nuovo, PCX, etc.

Only 99,000 ;)

N.

100k is just more tham most people are willing to spend on a scooter ,thats probably why the roads are not congested with them like yamaha mos and honda clicks

never driven one but it looks nice ,tiny wheels though for a 150cc