Place To Buy Or Have Built A Dual Cpu (Not Multi-Core, More Than 1 Cpu) Computer

snorkster

Hi, I'm looking to get a dual-CPU computer. Two CPUs, each multi-core. I am having a hard time finding a place that can do it. I've asked a few places if they can do it, but they've said they can't.

Does anyone know of a place that can build or sell me a pre-built dual CPU machine? Maybe a place at Pantip?

Thanks

Supermicro should be able to hook you up with what you are looking for...

However, any particular reason you need multi-socket? Very few things scale past the 8 threads offered by the 2600K and I can't think of any other faster chip out there.

The software package Im using can access up to 24 cores, does complex mathematical calculations. I really could use more than 8 cores.

Also hyperthreading does nothing for me. All cores are cranking out at full power all the time, there's no downtime for hyperthreading. I just need as many physical cores as possible. So the chip you refer to would be 4 threads for me.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by snorkster

Do yourself would be the best way. Look for server mobos eg. at Newegg.com or Directron.com. That will give you a quick handle on availability. Quad-CPU eg. Tyan Thunder or Supermicro, with six-core AMD Opteron 6000 series should take care of your problem.

I got my P.C built in Pantip and I went to a shop named Bio tec. It's on the 4 th floor and I highly, highly recommend this shop. I get a free clean and check on my P.C every year and their English is very good so you can build exactly what you want.

This keyboard is connected to a quad core, 4 ram , 1000gig monster P.C and it was the best 42000 bht I have spent in a long time

Buy a Tyan S7020 mainboard with 2 Intel XEON X5690, running at 3.6Ghz, cpu's (6 core's per processor, so 12 cores running at 3.6Ghz). Put the fastest DDR3 memory you can buy on it in (maximum 96GB memory)

Tyan also makes a TYAN S8812 mainboard on which you can install 4 AMD 12-Core Opteron 6100 Series Processors making it possible to nearly create you own little supercomputer with 48 cores working for you...

You can buy them at PC Gallery Co., Ltd. Room 257, 2nd Floor in Panthip, telephone 02-255 3615 (ask for Mr. Ruangwut Butyojunto). http://www.pcgallery.co.th

post-12170-0-22730700-1317919348_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK