Translation Of Thai Conversation

forumuser456

Hey all,

I am currently learning Thai and am finding it a bit difficult to determine the meaning of some exchanges in conversation. Any clarification for these would be greatly appreciated on my road to learning more of the thai language, thanks!

เฟนชื่อไรอะ - "Upset with someone?"

ทามมัยอะ - not clear but think a rude response?

ป่าวคราบ - "Have problem?"

เห้อ ถ้าผู้ชายรักเราจิงๆเขาจะตบเราปะ - not clear to me but think I see "love" in the sentence, however I am unclear as to the meaning of this phrase.

เฟนชื่อไรอะ - "Upset with someone?"

I get it to be "What is your boy/girl friend's name? "เฟน" s/b "แฟน"

ทามมัยอะ - not clear but think a rude response?

"Why?" Not particularly rude (there's a quasi polite particle อะ at the end (probably ฮะ) and ทามมัย should be ทำไม

ป่าวคราบ - "Have problem?"

Not clear to me. Could be a serious mis-spelling of "No" (เปล่าครับ)

เห้อ ถ้าผู้ชายรักเราจิงๆเขาจะตบเราปะ - not clear to me but think I see "love" in the sentence, however I am unclear as to the meaning of this phrase.

"Hey! If a man (really) loves me, would he slap me?"

Although Thai pronouns are maddeningly ambiguous and it's possible to translate this as "us" in the sense of a first person plural, I don't think it is. If the writer had intended this, I think she would have said "พวกเรา". เรา is very frequently used in informal speech to mean first person singular especially as a self-referent pronoun (hope that's the correct term). We may need a native speaker to settle the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like part of an internet chat. Here's what I think:

เห้อ ถ้าผู้ชายรักเราจิงๆเขาจะตบเราปะ - ถ้าผู้ชายรักเราจริงเขาจะตอบเราหรือเปล่า

เรา is often used colloquially as I or me, I believe it comes from เราตัวเอง. Also, I think they might have meant ตอบ instead of ตบ, however I might be wrong. So I believe it goes something like "If a man truly loves me, would he respond to / answer my question or not?"

ป่าวคราบ - เปล่าครับ "No" (male speaker)

เฟนชื่อไรอะ --> แฟนชื่ออะไร "What's your boyfriend's/girlfriend's name?"

ทามมัยอะ --> ทำไม "Why?"

Edited by kmcnutty

Can anyone translate this please?

ให้ตายเหอะ เจอผุ้ชายหล่อๆเยอะแยะ มากมายหลายร้อยแต่ข้อห้ามบริษัท คือ ห้ามชุ้สาว ห้ามแลกเบอร์ สวดดดยอดดดจิงๆ

and

เออ เด่วเค้าทำได้ประมาณสองเดือน เด่วพามาทำด้วยนะ รวยย จิง..แต่ห้ามกลับบ้านก่อนนะ เข้าจั๊ยยย มีคนกล่อเยอะแยะมากมายเลยแก55555

Thanks in advance

ให้ตายเหอะ เจอผุ้ชายหล่อๆเยอะแยะ มากมายหลายร้อยแต่ข้อห้ามบริษัท คือ ห้ามชุ้สาว ห้ามแลกเบอร์ สวดดดยอดดดจิงๆ

"I can't stand it!" I have encountered so many handsome men. Hundreds of them. But the company has a policy of forbidding fraternization.. That's extreme!!"

and

เออ เด่วเค้าทำได้ประมาณสองเดือน เด่วพามาทำด้วยนะ รวยย จิง..แต่ห้ามกลับบ้านก่อนนะ เข้าจั๊ยยย มีคนกล่อเยอะแยะมากมายเลยแก55555

"Uhhh I (the speaker's name is Deo, which she uses as a first person pronoun--very common for women (and gay men)) have worked for about two months. I can get you a job. (You will get) rich. Really. But you can't go back home before I do. I get it that there are lots of handsome men. ha ha....."

"I can't stand it!" I have encountered so many handsome men. Hundreds of them. But the company has a policy of forbidding fraternization.. That's extreme!!"

and

"Uhhh I (the speaker's name is Deo, which she uses as a first person pronoun--very common for women (and gay men)) have worked for about two months. I can get you a job. (You will get) rich. Really. But you can't go back home before I do. I get it that there are lots of handsome men. ha ha....."

Thanks mate

GT seems to hang on to ราคะ and translates them into lust, intercourse or sensual in various ways. Makes for some interesting interpretive reading.

หรา not รา

คุณ จะ มา จริงๆ หรา คะ...ฉัน เป็น ห่วง คุณ จัง เลย คะ

Edited by ludditeman

Will try not to make a habit of this.

Thanks

กุจะเป็นบ้าแล้วเนี่ยไม่มีอะไรได้ดั่งใจเลยสัเอย่างอ่ะ สุดๆ

5555 กรุจะไปเทียวกะบี่ เดือน ธันวา อิอิ เด่วถ่ายรุปมาฝากกก นะ

Will try not to make a habit of this.

Thanks

กุจะเป็นบ้าแล้วเนี่ยไม่มีอะไรได้ดั่งใจเลยสัเอย่างอ่ะ สุดๆ

5555 กรุจะไปเทียวกะบี่ เดือน ธันวา อิอิ เด่วถ่ายรุปมาฝากกก นะ

I'm going crazy. I'm not getting a solitary thing that I wanted to get!

Ha ha. I'm going to go "tio" (there just isn't a word for this in English--to travel somewhere or go somewhere for pleasure) with Bee in December. Hee hee. I (Deo) have sent you a picture.

My friend (and much more careful translator) David in Houston points out that Deo says she is going to take a trip to the island of Kabi and not that she is going to take a trip with someone named Bee. In my defense I have to say that if the message had been sent in something approaching standard Thai, I wouldn't have made this bonehead error. Internet Thai!!!! Grrrrr!!! mad.gif Sorry for the mistake. I guess it's an example of getting what you pay for!rolleyes.gif

My friend (and much more careful translator) David in Houston points out that Deo says she is going to take a trip to the island of Kabi and not that she is going to take a trip with someone named Bee.

Another word I want to point out,

เด่วถ่ายรุปมาฝากกก นะ -- เด่ว is from เดี๋ยว, not a name. Sometimes, they wrote it as "เด๋ว" too.