Flooded And Closed Highways

We have a new pinned Topic at the top of page one here in ThaiVisa Motoring. Its purpose is to provide info on flooded and/or closed Highways in Thailand, and provide info on which routes to go.

During this weekend several Highways are closed due to flooding, and as we know many readers do not read the Pinned Topics, I have started this Topic to direct attention to the Pinned topic.

A good pin up. +1

Never see it as bad as this before around Sukhothai, the Highway between Tak and Phitsanulok is closed to cars trucks can get through as long as there bigged wheeled.

West side of New Sukhothai you can park in Big ' C ' get on a lorry that goes so far and it's then onto a whopper of a Army lorry to get into town great fun the kids loved it.

The worse thing is the pot holes you can spot some of them by the way the water is reacting but still not knowing how deep they are.

Shame for the people needing to get to work but for me I'm not venturing out again until things clear up a bit. :burp:

A good pin up. +1

Never see it as bad as this before around Sukhothai, the Highway between Tak and Phitsanulok is closed to cars trucks can get through as long as there bigged wheeled.

West side of New Sukhothai you can park in Big ' C ' get on a lorry that goes so far and it's then onto a whopper of a Army lorry to get into town great fun the kids loved it.

The worse thing is the pot holes you can spot some of them by the way the water is reacting but still not knowing how deep they are.

Shame for the people needing to get to work but for me I'm not venturing out again until things clear up a bit. :burp:

Good idea Manuel. :)

A good pin up. +1

You read my other post answer then.:lol: :lol: :lol: strange post that. :blink:

Edited by Kwasaki

A good pin up. +1

I can see this pinned topic will be welcomed throughtout the dry season too, I would think most of the posts there are out of date already, 3 years ago, the road from Namson to Ban Phue was flooded, not so this year, but it could be tomorrow? anybody know this, or have a crystal ball to help? but of course this is a wonderful pinned topic, its so much better than what i suggested to our illuustriors leader, and that was that posters who needed help with there problem rides, is to post as muych info as possible, IE,make model, auto, manual, 4wd 2wd diesel petrol, i think you will all agree that different makes have different problems, and some of us will know this, so whoes for a pinned topic of something like HELP US TO HELP YOU, give us details, thanks,,

A good pin up. +1

I can see this pinned topic will be welcomed throughtout the dry season too, I would think most of the posts there are out of date already, 3 years ago, the road from Namson to Ban Phue was flooded, not so this year, but it could be tomorrow? anybody know this, or have a crystal ball to help? but of course this is a wonderful pinned topic, its so much better than what i suggested to our illuustriors leader, and that was that posters who needed help with there problem rides, is to post as muych info as possible, IE,make model, auto, manual, 4wd 2wd diesel petrol, i think you will all agree that different makes have different problems, and some of us will know this, so whoes for a pinned topic of something like HELP US TO HELP YOU, give us details, thanks,,

Start your topic as a beginning. If it becomes popular, we can consider making it pinned. However we try to keep pinned topics to a minimum, to avoiding taking up much of the first page in each Forum.

Can drivers here start listing which roads they find are flooded? The online version that I found seems incomplete.

For example there is flooding on two sections of Chaiyapreuk road between Pakkred (Rama 4 bridge) and the Chaiyapreuk / Ratchpreuk road intersection. This is particularly bad at the high tide.

Also of Ratchapreuk road driving back towards Rattanatibet road. I'm in Nonthaburi and that's what I've found so far. Also 345 highway is also flooded (I believe still passable); also Kanchanapisek where it joins the 345 highway.

Any others in the BKK area?