Windsor Upvc Windows

tubber

Anybody have any experience with Windsor uPVC windows? Need to replace 12 wooden framed windows and 3 doors. There isn't much choice up here but Windsor have a couple of agents in Udon, one is coming next week for a quotation. Any comments from anybody that has installed them?

From what i heard and read is that they are good quality but very expensive . What are you going to do with the old wooden doors and frames ? And are they decent wood ? ( i would consider buying them over from you , i am in the neighbourhood of Udon ) .

From what i heard and read is that they are good quality but very expensive . What are you going to do with the old wooden doors and frames ? And are they decent wood ? ( i would consider buying them over from you , i am in the neighbourhood of Udon ) .

I didn't think they were that expensive, their website says between 4,000 and 8,000B for a window and the doors are a bit more. I just want decent windows that don't leak and can lock. Some of the locals will probably scrounge the old ones, the frames are decent wood, just fitted by an imbecile. I am in Sakon Nakhon so a few Km from Udon.

we have used windsor products[guttering]and found it the best quality money can buy,we are going to change our windows and doors aprox.30 in total it will defenately be windsor.

Thanks Meatboy, I was also looking at their guttering for a later date too. Might just get it all done at the same time. How much was it roughly? Their website seems to be down. Where are you located. I am rather concerned whether they will make a decent job of installing it in Isaan.

we have used windsor products[guttering]and found it the best quality money can buy,we are going to change our windows and doors aprox.30 in total it will defenately be windsor.

Thanks Meatboy, I was also looking at their guttering for a later date too. Might just get it all done at the same time. How much was it roughly? Their website seems to be down. Where are you located. I am rather concerned whether they will make a decent job of installing it in Isaan.

we had ours done by a chap that only does guttering quoted 550mtr that includes all materials and fitting,that is negotionable if your having a lot done,we paid 500mtr in the end but we did get him 2more jobs.

If you are replacing window/door, you probably need custom fit. I don't know about the brand name you have in mind, but question why you need the "brand"? There are guys that "do windows' that are pretty good and cost should be around 5K/window including screen. That's with quality AL.

Out of my own experience Windsor is the cheapest Chinese copy of a real PVC window they use Chinese hardware with single point locking systems Windsor is the lowest quality on the market cheap Chinese pvc profiles with even cheaper Chinese hardware for me never ever again.

Cheers,

Out of my own experience Windsor is the cheapest Chinese copy of a real PVC window they use Chinese hardware with single point locking systems Windsor is the lowest quality on the market cheap Chinese pvc profiles with even cheaper Chinese hardware for me never ever again.

Cheers,

whats a good brand of PVC window in thailand and were can you buy it?

Cheers,

Here you go best value for money very good quality very good hardware and it last you forever

Edited by bazmlb
Link removed as per forum rules

Cheers,

Here you go best value for money very good quality very good hardware and it last you forever

Thanks Teddybearbkk, I have contacted them for a quote, see what they come back with.

I got a few replaced with Aluminium before and wasn't impressed with them. I just want decent windows that I can fit and forget. I am hoping that these Windsor windows will do the job.

let us know what they quote you for the windows and doors.we bought our guttering from home mart,and they recomended fitters,then when the fitters gave us a price it worked out better if they purchased the goods.

Surprised to hear that Windsor are a Chinese copy as they seem to have a factory for windows here in CM and tell me that the gutters come from BKK. It may be that they import the profiles but given there's probably no labour involved I can't see they would be much cheaper made in China and then imported.

While visiting their showroom in Chiang Mai and looking at the newly fitted showroom doors i had to point out to the sales lady that there water was sitting in the frame :o.

The lock catches are not recessed therefore could be deemed as dangerous or at least a nuisance ;).

It was about 4 months ago that i left some drawings and that they were going to send e-mail me the price, still waiting :(

I got a few replaced with Aluminium before and wasn't impressed with them. I just want decent windows that I can fit and forget. I am hoping that these Windsor windows will do the job.

let us know what they quote you for the windows and doors.we bought our guttering from home mart,and they recomended fitters,then when the fitters gave us a price it worked out better if they purchased the goods.

Got a quote back from the place teddybearbkk recommended, for which the link to the website has since been removed. 400,000B. The Windsor agent in Udon doesn't seem to want my money, they want me to pay 4,000B traveling expenses and get here when they can bothered. Decided to get everything replaced and there was more than I thought when I measured it all. 11 big windows, 4 smaller ones, 3 double doors and adjoining windows.Forgot to add that they have a 10 year guarantee.

Edited by tubber

Got a quote back from the place teddybearbkk recommended, for which the link to the website has since been removed. 400,000B. The Windsor agent in Udon doesn't seem to want my money, they want me to pay 4,000B traveling expenses and get here when they can bothered. Decided to get everything replaced and there was more than I thought when I measured it all. 11 big windows, 4 smaller ones, 3 double doors and adjoining windows.Forgot to add that they have a 10 year guarantee.

that seems a bit over the top or is it? i have 30in total includes 4double doors,20large windows +2doors ect.there goes the car.i was in home pro this week and saw some ready made windows and doors looked ok,prices seemed ok,picked up a brochure[one stop good systems&good quality] i dont know if they have a web site but the company name is window live co.,ltd.

that seems a bit over the top or is it? i have 30in total includes 4double doors,20large windows +2doors ect.there goes the car.i was in home pro this week and saw some ready made windows and doors looked ok,prices seemed ok,picked up a brochure[one stop good systems&good quality] i dont know if they have a web site but the company name is window live co.,ltd.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. There is 2 company names which always seem to appear when uPVC windows are mentioned. I am not allowed to post the link for either but I have contacted the other and will see what they come back with.

We have recently been through this with our new build. 6 sets of large patio doors (5m wide x 2.9m high), 4 external doors, 40 windows. We looked at all of the available UPVC options and in the end went with Gehause. All double glazed, tempered glass. Quite expensive but by far the best product. They were a pleasure to deal with and did an excellent job. If you want any further details PM me.

Tas

tubber i would try and find someone that has changed their windows/doors and look at the job,if satisfied let them do the buying.twice we have used contractors who's work we had seen and let them do the buying.we are going to have a good look at the product in home pro.

That's what I would like to do Meatboy but I don't know anyone, personally, that has done it. None of the companies have replied to any of my emails, nothing new there. Will try phoning around tomorrow and see if any body answers a phone.

May Help you all a bit ,

A breif explination of pvc

Pvc / Vinyl window systems are available now all over Thailand .

The actaul pvc is only part of the overall finished product. All fabricators will import this from various extrusion companies ( the "brand" name you may associate pvc with , i.e Veka , Thyssen , Kommerling etc.).

The quality of these extrusions varies dramatically from company and profile . The main agent for giving Pvc its colour is Titanium dioxide and its the content of this within the profile wich will dictate if the pvc will discolour in time or not. When new they will all look exactly the same but i assure you there actual make up is not. This alone will dictate if the product will discolour in time or not. You should check the small print on the suppliers warranty some exclude the colour or give it a limited warranty others give a full 10 year warranty on colour.

It is interesting to note that people refer to the windows either by brand name or by individual fabricator and state their pros and cons to both. When infact the same fabricator may well be supplying two or even three different brand name profiles in the market place.

You really should remeber that when choosing a window supplier the pvc as stated above is only a Component of the finished system . Other questions should be asked also , Is the profile re-inforced ( is it galvanised steel ? what is the thickness of this ) ( a simple test to see if re-inforcemnt is being used is to run a magnet over the profile ) what hardware is used ( is it european , chinese ? , you Will find alot of suppliers offering "German" pvc windows and use chinese hardware and fittings to reduce costs).

This also extends to the locking systems used , are they full multi -point , simple finger locks , self cliping , brass , steel , stainless ?

As with all window systems as I stated before unless it is installed correctly you will reduce its benefits drastically. If you have made you decision as to wich supplier to use I highly recommend you visit previous installations and not just the ones they take you too but others they don't tell you about afterall if there taking you to see an existing customer they wouldn't take you to an unhappy one would they ?

General pricing for pvc per square meter is actually quite difficult as it depends on design , size , glass spec , hardware etc . etc. some companies will give an indication but would generally base this on a "typical design and size" and probably wont be what your after. That said an indication for a "standard" home replacement in single glass will range from around 2,500Thb to 5,000Thb per square meter depending on the quality your after and the options used.

A few advantages of pvc

Pvc during fabrication uses a friction weld on its corners rather than in aluminium where a "mechanical" joint is used so is much less exposed to water leakage

Sea salt air has no affect on Pvc as Aluminium will oxidise / corrode if scratched or exposed

The use of double / triple glazing is a standard option for pvc

It is the "greenest" option for windows for the envoiroment and is 100 % recyclable

Pvc is a very poor conductor of heat , the transmission of heat to the interior is considerably less than aluminium

It can be used for virtually any window design including arch and circular designs

The lifetime of a pvc window based on data from Euope is 40 years

Termites and such creatures do not attack pvc as they will in wooden subframes sometimes used by aluminium window systems

The use of Galvanised steel for structual strength

Full Multipoint lock options give higher spec security over standard aluminium frames

This was a post I made quite a while ago now , but hopefully gives some indication for what to look / ask for when choosing your supplier.

Edited by N47HAN

Well, if anybody is interested, I received another quote from a previously removed link. Nearly 200,000B cheaper than the other one. Just over 200,00B in total. Although the quote was for sliding doors and windows I will change some of them to casement doors and windows. I can't put the link here so if you want it PM me.

Well, if anybody is interested, I received another quote from a previously removed link. Nearly 200,000B cheaper than the other one. Just over 200,00B in total. Although the quote was for sliding doors and windows I will change some of them to casement doors and windows. I can't put the link here so if you want it PM me.

thats more like it tubber,i did a quote on the ones i saw in home pro cost of windows and doors roughly 180,000bht thats just the cost of mats.

A good friend had house design prepared by thai-land-house and they also saved him quite a lot of money on windsor doors & windows.

They get a discount because they send windsor a lot of work, you may want to contact them to compare prices. They prepare detailed drawings for doors & windows and include installation fees.

What I am more concerned about is the installation. You can buy the most expensive windows but if some muppet fits them they will never be right so I would rather get a company with a proven track record. Which hopefully I have.

Edited by tubber