Toyota Dealer In Bangkok

Cheops

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a Fortuner in Bangkok (yes, I know about the brake-problems :o ).

Can anyone recommend a good Toyota dealership in the Chaeng Wattana / Saphan Mai / Vibhapvadi / Don Muang / Rangsit area?

I already visited some dealerships and the one on Saphan Mai (near the Lotus-shop) seems to be a good one. Does anyone has experience from that dealership?

Is it wise to get Toyota car insurance for the first year or should I get it from a different company?

Thanks for any recommendations,

Leon

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a Fortuner in Bangkok (yes, I know about the brake-problems :o  ).

Can anyone recommend a good Toyota dealership in the Chaeng Wattana / Saphan Mai / Vibhapvadi / Don Muang / Rangsit area?

I already visited some dealerships and the one on Saphan Mai (near the Lotus-shop) seems to be a good one. Does anyone has experience from that dealership?

Is it wise to get Toyota car insurance for the first year or should I get it from a different company?

Leon

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a Fortuner in Bangkok (yes, I know about the brake-problems :o  ).

Leon

Toyota cars are great .....Toyota dealers .!!!!!!!..never found a good one ..my Thai wife and I use the words Toyota Dealer as a private family code word meaning all the worst things about service in Thailand .

However in the shopping mall Central Rama 3 is a permanent show room on the 3rd floor ( below the cinema complex )with reasonable staff and are capable of offering a good deal and they usually say things near to the truth ...the surroundings are comfortable some very good eateries and coffee places near ..at least when I waited I could be in air com comfort ... I went to look at Fortuna ....I thought it was heavy for my wife , heavy on fuel ,expensive for a glorified pick up ..my wifes comment !!! .

I bought the Wish and very very , happy I did , but horses for courses

Good luck

We used Toyota in Saphan Mai - very close to the airport. Have to say that they were very good (unlike the dealer on the Rangsit Nakhon Nayok rd near Klong3 who were useless). They got me my Fortuner in 4 weeks, and the white plates came 3 weeks later. No discounting, but she did chuck in a stack of extras for free. Has also rung us up at least 3 times since purchase just to check that we were happy.

:o Thanks all for your comments and recommendations :D

I think I will go ahead to buy from the dealer at Saphan Mai. They look like a good choice (but then again you never know for sure until you run into some problems).

Back in Holland I drove a Mazda MX5. I really loved that car, but it's not that suitable for use in Bangkok. In the Fortuner I feel more safe to drive in Bangkok.

My plan is to buy a second hand MX5 in the future to use as a hobby car and for some nice trips.

Thanks again,

Leon

We used Toyota in Saphan Mai - very close to the airport. Have to say that they were very good (unlike the dealer on the Rangsit Nakhon Nayok rd near Klong3 who were useless). They got me my Fortuner in 4 weeks, and the white plates came 3 weeks later. No discounting, but she did chuck in a stack of extras for free. Has also rung us up at least 3 times since purchase just to check that we were happy.

Just a word to support your comment in the mail a few above I explained about Toyota Dealers now being the family code word for bad Thai service ...the dealer you mentioned was where we started that tradition they look great ,new ,clean etc but are stupid , inefficient , rude , inconsiderate, snooty, , on 8 trips with appointments and without we found ..sorry no stock ( with no offer of order or time scale for delivery ) sorry no brochure, sorry no a/c working in the showroom , sorry no sales staff around , sorry no water , sorry no price list , sorry car is there to look at but no key , or early Sunday morning appointment sorry key is here but no car can you wait 2 hours .... sorry we cannot get that model impossible , do not try anywhere you will not get one ( I did from Rama 3 and 4 days from order... finance arranged , options fitted , car delivered ..... .I then drove it to the above mentioned dealer just to park it infront of the show room ...it gives me a childish sense of satisfaction and pleasure . By the way I have never lost my cool , never screamed shouted or played the irate farang, on these occasions .

Has any one tried to order parts from Toyota by part number ...????..thats fun . Is yours the only Toyota dealer recommended ? any other good ones ???

Just a word to support your comment in the mail a few above I explained about Toyota Dealers now being the family code word for bad Thai service ...the dealer you mentioned was where we started that tradition they look great ,new ,clean etc but are stupid , inefficient , rude , inconsiderate, snooty, , on 8 trips with appointments and without we found ..sorry no stock ( with no offer of order or time scale for delivery ) sorry no brochure, sorry no a/c working in the showroom , sorry no sales staff around , sorry no water , sorry no price list , sorry car is there to look at but no key , or early Sunday morning appointment sorry key is here but no car can you wait 2 hours .... sorry we cannot get that model impossible , do not try anywhere you will not get one ( I did from Rama 3 and 4 days from order... finance arranged , options fitted , car delivered ..... .I then drove it to the above mentioned dealer just to park it infront of the show room ...it gives me a childish sense of satisfaction and pleasure . By the way I have never lost my cool , never screamed shouted or played the irate farang, on these occasions .

Has any one tried to order parts from Toyota by part number ...????..thats fun . Is yours the only Toyota dealer recommended ? any other good ones ???

You mean the one on Rangsit Nakon Nayok rd? Yeah, they were bloody useless - it was like they had absolutely no interest in garnering another sale. Having been treated very courteously by the Honda dealer up the road (we also have a Jazz), I was shocked and we voted with our feet.

Thankfully Saphan Mai got it right. Have also ordered a couple of extras from them using Toyota part numbers with no problems whatsoever. For future ref, the rep we used there was called Mem. It was quite refreshing as well that she didn't give us any false hopes about delivery dates.

• 3 years later...
I have bought two Toyotas from here

http://www.bangnamotor.com/

No complaints. Best discount I could find at the time.

I used the showroon near Suphan Mai

I visited this website because I am also looking to buy a second Fortuner now. I am very happy with the first one!

Unfortunately, the website is Thai ONLY. Again, we are not welcome and our money is different from the Thais... Have to :o:D look for another site.

• 4 weeks later...

I can help you with any model of Toyota.

My dealer locate in Kanchana phisake outer ring road, it's one of the biggest Toyota in Thailand.

I also have an experience of selling to many foreigner including lots of embassy.

Contact me at 085-9009900, Email [email protected]

Regards,

Kob