Bangkok Ranked Number One Food & Wine Destination In Asia

sabaijai

Top 10 Food & Wine Destinations in Asia

1 Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok is famous for its world-class restaurant and nightclub scene. From familiar favorites like pad thai to more exotic delicacies like fried insects, Bangkok offers up a variety of cuisines to tempt any palate. You can also taste world-class Thai beers, such as Singha and Chang.

Don't miss:

Smooth Curry

OPUS Wine Bar

Bangkok Food Tours

Blue Elephant Cooking School

tcfLogoUSList.png

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Food-cTop10-g2

I love Thai food, but there is also so much other food in the world that is great...in places that has decent wine.

And here we clearly suffer from having a very limited subset of wines imported...to very high prices.

And how anyone can mention insects and food in the same article...well... :rolleyes: Sure, it is exotic...

Another total <deleted> survey who keeps dreaming these things up

Didnt you know ?.....TAT have a whole division of people dedicated to filling in on-line travel surveys and making Thailand the # 1 tourist destination in the world...:rolleyes:

Remove the Wine from "Food & Wine" and add the South East to the "Asia", and I agree 100%.

Better yet remove the Wine part and add an L to food. Thailand is the #1 Flood destination of Asia.

Very good...now where's that bottle of Cabernet ?....:D

No mention of wine at all in this article apart from the title that is, but then how could anywhere with a 200% tax on wine be a top 10 wine destination in asia..............

easy just ask a Thai. They make the finest wines in the world. Thai wine makes a Penfolds Grange taste like dish water.:unsure:

I love Thai food, but there is also so much other food in the world that is great...in places that has decent wine.

And here we clearly suffer from having a very limited subset of wines imported...to very high prices.

And how anyone can mention insects and food in the same article...well... :rolleyes: Sure, it is exotic...

What do you think shrimp and lobsters are? They are insects!! ... i.e., arthropods that live in the sea. We like to eat what we're culturally used to. Indeed it was a very adventurous caveman who at the first oyster.

What do you think shrimp and lobsters are? They are insects!! ... i.e., arthropods that live in the sea. We like to eat what we're culturally used to. Indeed it was a very adventurous caveman who at the first oyster.

I don't dip a lobster in chocolate or deep-fry it and eat it whole...I do however occasionally eat the meat. And the meat only.

No mention of wine at all in this article apart from the title that is, but then how could anywhere with a 200% tax on wine be a top 10 wine destination in asia..............

It's about 440% tax actually, all told, so a recent Big Chilli article said.

Phat thai and insects . . . sounds like the writer has a really keen grasp of the full spectrum of Thai cuisine.

I've spent 30+ years professionally seeking out 'food and wine destinations' in Asia, and offhand my ranking would be 1) Tokyo, 2) Singapore, 3) Hong Kong. Bangkok maybe after that . . . well, if you ignored the 'wine' part.

Fried insects and a Chang --- Luvly Jubbly :burp:

''...familiar favorites like pad thai '' ''...also taste world-class Thai beers, such as Singha and Chang.''

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

:whistling:only thing world class in thailand is whatever the writer is smokin

It is the best global city for THAI food though.

For breadth of cuisine probably, but to be honest, the best Thai food I have ever eaten was in Portland, Oregon of all places and at an Isaan restaurant at that. Sure I paid at least 10 times over the mark, but man, was it delicious, and authentic too.