Hiring Foreign Domestic Help In Thailand

If anyone in TV-land has recently hired a non-Thai maid, nanny, cook, home caregiver/nurse, etc. and gone through the legal processes of doing so I would very much like to know the details including annual costs associated?? Having been here longer than most expats it has become I feel much more difficult to find reliable Thais over the decades.

You can hire Burmese, Cambodian and Lao workers under the Migrant Labour Scheme which grants workers from these countries special 2 year work permits and access to social services etc.

You have to start the process at your local labour office. It is possible for foreigners to hire people eligible under this system, as well as Thai's of course

A few links to get you started as background etc.

Hiring Foreign Domestic Help

Because it was about family domestic help and that would appear to be a subject that families living in Thailand would likely have more experience with than most of the visa thread readers. Visas was not the primary question in my reading.

Hiring Foreign Domestic Help

Because it was about family domestic help and that would appear to be a subject that families living in Thailand would likely have more experience with than most of the visa thread readers. Visas was not the primary question in my reading.