Is It Possible To Apply For Any Internship Or Job Vacancies In Thailand For A Foreigner ?

Hi guys, I'm wondering you guys have experience in living in thailand. I wanna go back there, is there a way to apply for any top 500 fortune companies' positions there?

No thai language and no special skills, master in Business administration, only could speak English and Chinese Mandarin with some years working experience in marketing.

most companies you find will only allow you to transfer after many years of working for them, then you can move to the Thai office.

Internships are offered through educational institutes.

Most jobs are not open to foreigners. Suggest you re-think, or find a company in your home country that has an office here, then work there for a few years and ask for a post here.

Yes, of course you can apply ... and they can and probably will say "no thanks" (or more likely, not respond at all).

The "How can I get a job in Thailand?" question spawns a new discussion thread every week in this and every other online Thai expat fora ... just scroll back through old threads to find some and get the basic pointers about recruitment agencies etc etc ... and then google on "Thailand work permit" to get a handle on the regulatory hoops you'll need to jump through ...

The Chinese language ability is a definite plus, but more so in Hong Kong or Singapore rather than BKK

Edited by chiangmaibruce

Its not impossible, but I think it would take a lot of perseverence. The amount of preseverence required will mainly depend on whart your expectations are, in that if you expect a full expat package then you will need far more patience than if you say just accept an appointment to get your 'foot in the door'.

I am not the best person to advise becasue I came here by chance rather than choice but I do see examples of guys who come over here and work at 'below the market rate' in order to get a start. Some of these guys then go on and (over a period of time) open doors, meet people and eventually get something more appropriate.

If it was me I would never go to a country for less money than I could earn elsewhere, but maybe I am a shallow person, so I suggest if you really want to go for it your first step is to join something like 'Linked in' and start to join local Thai groups that are suitable to your skillset.

Good luck

mmm... Thanks so much !!!

Now i got to know it's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Thanks anyway... I will re-think.. hahaha , i thought the top 500 fortune companies will be okay such as P&G , Unilever , IBM etc.

It's not impossible, but one important question is what you want to achieve... do you want to make money and maybe later return back home? Yes, then you need a company from your home turf having offices in Thailand that will agree to send you to Thailand on an expat agreement (covering your home retirement funds, insurances etc. etc.) so that you can save for the time you go back home... and besides having to persuade them (the company) sending exactly YOU to Thailand, it will be up to the company to persuade the Thai authorities to give a working Visa to you, since you have such incredible and special know-how that the company can never ever find in a Thai employee...

Or do you want to retire (don't see your age...) and just are looking for a job not to get bored? Or you are financially secure back home and just want to spend some time in Thailand as kind of a "working holiday"? Then you will not need a top500 fortune company... but should go to Thailand and start your search locally once you are set up...

How much working experience do you have? i assume you are a starter/

Finding a job is difficult, getting a job with some of the 500 Fortune Companies is probably impossible.

I did my internship in Thailand (Chonburi) for over a year...it was quiet okay, but am now working back home (I have a bachelor degree).

Still however, I am thinking about getting back to Thailand.