Online Tv Player

jonnyscot

on the subject of cables, both my laptop and my new, Samsung 32' LCD TV (*twinkle*) have got HDMI and VGA connections...if I download a film to the laptop via a torrent which is the best way to view the film on the TV?

It doesn't really matter what you are viewing; HDMI is the normally the easiest and best way of connecting the PC and the HD screen, as it requires little or no configuration and it also carries sound.

on the subject of cables, both my laptop and my new, Samsung 32' LCD TV (*twinkle*) have got HDMI and VGA connections...if I download a film to the laptop via a torrent which is the best way to view the film on the TV?

It doesn't really matter what you are viewing; HDMI is the normally the easiest and best way of connecting the PC and the HD screen, as it requires little or no configuration and it also carries sound.

yeah...I only ever connected my ASUS EEE PC to a monitor (image only) using a VGA connection about 3 years ago and didn't know about all the high falutin high definition stuff presently available...'what will they think of next?'...I always thought that HD in Thailand was some gimmick; are there any HD TV broadcasts in Thailand?...never watch broadcast TV anyway...good thing I bought the more expensive LCD Samsung TV with more plug in ports in the back...now I can watch Jean Renoir's 'Le regle du jeu' (downloaded from torrent) on the big screen while pedaling on my exercise bike...:)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Cant seem to use the UKTV.....downloaded installed and thats it, dead....only this something in German

yeah i just downloaded it and i get the same screen. Something about it being demo??

OK since people are having problems.

Click X on the banner to make it go away.

The automatic trial doesn't work for some reason. Go to Support on the website and ask for a trial password, they will email you a 30 day trial password.

Once you have your password click Options, Enter License Informations, put your trial password and username in the boxes and enjoy :)

Thanks. I received the password the following day. Great service.

Just wonder how much it'll cost when they go commercial.

Downloaded - the screen box presented has the top headings and an empty demo box on right side - click on the Demo and it's the only thing I can get to work or that has any content.

There are no other programme details or content from the Options button or anywhere. Just a blank black screen below the menu and play/stop etc options - when I choose the show programme info option, it's all blank??

Will all the above be solved once I finally get a password and user name to enter?

Edited by twix38

Hi Darrel, thanks for the info, I see both my laptop and the PC have HDMI sockets, I'll pop into the local store in the morning and see if I can get hold of an HDMI cable and hopefully that's me sorted,...

Hi what software do u use to download from the iplayer?

Thanks

For some unknown reason, HDMI cables are very expensive here. If you have someone coming from abroad, get them to order one from Amazon. It will probably cost half the price.

As far as iPlayer etc. goes, you will need some extra bits. Do a search for VPN.

To avoid buffering I find it better to download the programme first from the iPlayer website and then play it back in Windows Media Player rather than watch it streamed in real time.

I just got my HDMI cable today and there's a good picture but no sound from the TV after the hook up with the Acer Aspire 5740 laptop :(...sound from the laptop OK, switched it off and played around with it, etc...

I haven't finished my investigation yet but I read that some laptops will not support the entire HDMI capability (ie., sound) even if they have an HDMI connecting plug...anyone got any info in this regard? I also still got to wade though the Samsung user guide for the LCD TV...

I just got my HDMI cable today and there's a good picture but no sound from the TV after the hook up with the Acer Aspire 5740 laptop :(...sound from the laptop OK, switched it off and played around with it, etc...

I haven't finished my investigation yet but I read that some laptops will not support the entire HDMI capability (ie., sound) even if they have an HDMI connecting plug...anyone got any info in this regard? I also still got to wade though the Samsung user guide for the LCD TV...

Yes, there are HDMI ports that only carry picture.

But in your case, most likely, assuming Windows…, just right click the speaker symbol in the lower right hand corner.

Select ‘Playback devices’

Set the ‘HDMI output’ as default.

That laptop supports HDMI audio perfectly.

As mentioned, you should check the playback devices (the HDMI output is called "Realtek Digital Output").

You may need to install the ATI HDMI audio drivers from this page.

I recommend installing the latest ATI video drivers also.

Edited by Darrel

But in your case, most likely, assuming Windows…, just right click the speaker symbol in the lower right hand corner.

Select 'Playback devices'

Set the 'HDMI output' as default.

got it...setting the TV as the default device did it...

many thanks for your help...

Select 'Playback devices'

Set the 'HDMI output' as default.

got it...setting the TV as the default device did it...

many thanks for your help...

MP, always nice when it's just a 'simple' settings change. :)